Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bristol Rovers away!

+32
bonzodog
Midsomer-steve
SteveS
Dodgycarpet
county exile
SteveBradley
cannonball
Bridgeyate
BenE
LB
threeday week
Timbo_b-o-a
RUDI GULITS
CityHatcham
Dusty Lynfield
Dave
Skyblue
Corstonian
lodds
MaryS
yuffie
Jon_BOA
Peteboa
Luton Roman
tigerroar
pete mac
Ashley
Beau Nash
2weirdtown
stillmanjunior
kermit
comrade powell
36 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Bristol Rovers away! - Page 5 Empty Re: Bristol Rovers away!

Post by BenE Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:25 pm

pete mac wrote:Is he going then?

My suspicion is that at least one player will have to go in the new year. For Ross's sake I think he needs to go anyway. He should never have been re-signed in the summer.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:43 pm

I am fuming at the interview. Really fuming. Kerslake has rattled Britton (even thought he tacitly gives him a get-out about Stearn conceding goals) and we see his true colours. No real criticism of Walsh as there was no criticism of Mellor. I think it is a case of Britton and Howells going or Stearn now and I would prefer those two idiots to walk. I have tried to be fairly equivocal about them until now but that interview has changed my mind.

I won't stop going as I have already lost one club I love and am not going to lose another but there is a something rotten about Bath City presently and it isn't about players
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Peteboa Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:20 am

Amen to that Marc.

Saturday could be the final hoorah, let's give it our all, look to be positive and get behind the lads.

Maybe the management will have a similar approach?! Hehehe
Peteboa
Peteboa

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:39 pm

Sometimes, 'getting behind the lads' is often a glib platitude designed to deflect away from issues at a club. I heard it a lot during the Cardiff rebrand. However, I completely agree this time. I have no issue with any of the players at the club - especially now Chas has found his feet. More to the point, these aren't highly paid mercenaries at this club.

On Saturday, we have a chance to enjoy that which it is very hard to explain to many - going to another non-league club in a not massive stadium - possibly half-full - with the distinct possibility that we will lose. However, we all know that it will, in all probability, be a great day out, whatever the result, something we will hark back to nostalgically when the current players, management and possibly even most of the board have moved on.

After that, of course, we can get back to worrying about our club.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Peteboa Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:58 pm

Pure choking for a half city half rovers scarf.  You'd have to be a right raving mug not to attend on Saturday. Come on city!
Peteboa
Peteboa

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:04 am

Inflatable FA Trophies and face paint to complete the set. Shops in Twerton having bunting in the window and cakes saying "Come on City!" in icing.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveBradley Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:08 pm

Any word yet on where we'll be in the ground ?

I'm assuming we can just rock up and pay on the gate as well ?

SteveBradley

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:41 pm

No, it's all ticket and our allocation of 5 000 sold out at the weekend!  Very Happy  

But seriously, I'm assuming it will be segregated. Fortunately the weather forecast is good for Saturday.

Guess the gate compo from Rovers forum...

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/1852/attendance-predictions-bath-city-13
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveBradley Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:57 pm

comrade powell wrote:No, it's all ticket and our allocation of 5 000 sold out at the weekend!  Very Happy  

But seriously, I'm assuming it will be segregated. Fortunately the weather forecast is good for Saturday.

Guess the gate compo from Rovers forum...

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/1852/attendance-predictions-bath-city-13

I was wondering what that queue was on Twerton High Street !

I thought it was because the Bakery got a job lot of Canadian Crunch in.. Surprised)

SteveBradley

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:30 pm

SteveBradley wrote:Any word yet on where we'll be in the ground ?

I'm assuming we can just rock up and pay on the gate as well ?

Info will be on the website this evening.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:47 pm

OMG they are optimistic on the city support. Over 4000 wd be great. Over 200 city fans brill.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Peteboa Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:28 pm

No excuse not to make the short trip down the road. I fear a fair few will disperse into the main stands though. It could be a great advert for us if we put on a good show. We could (genuinely) do with borrowing some of their fans for the remainder of the season Surprised
Peteboa
Peteboa

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:42 pm

City supporters can watch the game from our East Stand Terrace. It is an open standing terrace with a capacity of 1000 which is situated behind the dugouts or alternatively from the South Stand.

Bit confused by that. If it's the terrace behind the dugouts, they must be referring to the popular area which is below the high stand. But it's not the segregated area for away fans which is further along that side in the corner. If it's where I hope they mean, it provides an excellent view of the game.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:57 pm

An excellent view of the match would be on a tv screen, but much like the side of the ground would be no fun at all.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:05 pm

Can we pay on the day?

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:09 am

Luton Roman wrote:OMG they are optimistic on the city support. Over 4000 wd be great. Over 200 city fans brill.

I think Adie's prediction of the number of City fans attending is rather optimistic. I think we'll have 300 tops. If it was further into the competition, or we were challenging for promotion as well, there maybe a total closer to his figure.

This is a sort of last 'hurrah' this season so would recommend City fans to come along. We won't have a shorter journey this season for a meaningful game. If we can take a couple of hundred to a soulless place like Weston for a league game, we should be able to take a decent amount to Rovers, a far better stadium and atmosphere. And I doubt we'll play them in a competitive game again anytime soon.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:43 am

We must have had a 1000 Ashton Gate for the famous draw in the 1980s. Different times of course. I still remember the silence of 10000 Bristol City fans as Paul Bodin volleyed it in late. Smiling all the way back down the A4

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie Hitler Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:54 am

Tony Ricketts comments in the Chronic:
“We’ll have to see whether they will start Ross Stearn for the game, because he’s very dangerous coming in.”
“In my honest opinion, they’re under-performing,” said Ricketts. “With the squad they’ve got, they should be in the play-offs, and to be fair they still could be.
“I watched them in pre-season and thought they looked quite a good side, but right now they should be higher.
Very true - come back Ricko!!

Last edited by Eddie Hitler on Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Eddie Hitler
Eddie Hitler

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie Hitler Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:58 am

stillmanjunior wrote:
Luton Roman wrote:OMG they are optimistic on the city support. Over 4000 wd be great. Over 200 city fans brill.
I think Adie's prediction of the number of City fans attending is rather optimistic.

“We really ought to be taking 700-800 there on the day – if not then you really do have to question the enthusiasm of people in Bath for their football club.”
..another sly dig at the supporters Adie? Evil or Very Mad
Eddie Hitler
Eddie Hitler

Back to top Go down

Post by Timbo_b-o-a Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:45 am

Eddie Hitler wrote:
stillmanjunior wrote:
I think Adie's prediction of the number of City fans attending is rather optimistic.

“We really ought to be taking 700-800 there on the day – if not then you really do have to question the enthusiasm of people in Bath for their football club.”

Yes a little sly, but he is of course right. if 556 turned up to see us at home to Whitehawk, we should of course have at least that number what with drafting in more casual/ exile fans, its hardly any distance, very reasonable price on the gate, and the biggest team we've faced in years. But then again logic doesn't seem to apply as we took 47 to Newport when battling it out in the last Conference season...

Timbo_b-o-a
Timbo_b-o-a

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:53 am

Eddie Hitler wrote:“We really ought to be taking 700-800 there on the day – if not then you really do have to question the enthusiasm of people in Bath for their football club.”

Not very sly and completely missing the point. There a lots of real fans who aren't coming any more. Why is that?

Is it because they have lost faith in Adie and Archie and what is happening with the team? Did what they did to Mark Preece just make them care a little less about coming. Is their treatment of Stearn dampening any vestigial enthusiasm?

Is it because they think Adie and Archie appear to be untouchable? No matter what they say or do?
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by royal archer Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:59 am

The royal archer pub is only 7 mins drive away from the mem and welcomes all travelling bath city fans!

royal archer

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:05 pm

Timbo_b-o-a wrote:
Eddie Hitler wrote:
stillmanjunior wrote:

Yes a little sly, but he is of course right. if 556 turned up to see us at home to Whitehawk, we should of course have at least that number what with drafting in more casual/ exile fans, its hardly any distance, very reasonable price on the gate, and the biggest team we've faced in years. But then again logic doesn't seem to apply as we took 47 to Newport when battling it out in the last Conference season...

True, but we'd been to Newport so many times by then that I think we were just sick of the place, especially as the year before our fans were planted about half a mile from the action open to the elements. If we played Newport at Rodney Parade any time soon (unlikely) we'd take a lot more.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie Hitler Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:17 pm

I'd never go to Newport again, but that's a different story.
It's not about the number of supporters Bath City have, it's about the numbers of supporters our current custodians have, and that's dwindling.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow, but that's tinged with the thought of the usual potential for dodgy selections & tactics, followed by a disappointing result, and somehow me getting blamed for it.
Britton again skipping responsibility for the poor product on sale, by suggesting we are just not that bothered about Bath City.
Eddie Hitler
Eddie Hitler

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:28 pm

I have no problem with Adie's words if they encourage City fans to get to the game. This will almost definitely be the highlight of our season and it's always good to see us playing superior opponents. I'm certainly not expecting a repeat of the lacklustre displays which have featured in most of our cup matches this season and the players really shouldn't need the words of the management to motivate them this time. But I hope the duo will send them out in the same way Rikko used to for all those memorable cup games when he was in charge. I still think he could do a great job at TP...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next