Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mid season Report

5 posters

Go down

Mid season Report Empty Mid season Report

Post by PSJRoman Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

As we approach the halfway point I thought I would like to say how much more enjoyable the games have been
to watch this season. The reason being is we have a bit more bite in midfield now & mostly we get our attacks
moving much more quickly. Now we can put this down especially to three new recruits, Luke Russe, Ewan Clark
& Jordan Thomas, so I think that although Jerry has taken a bit of stick from us at times, we must give credit to
him for bringing these players to the club. I must say I would pay the admission just to watch JT alone. the way he
goes past defenders is a joy to watch, we haven`t had that at TP for a good while. Also when he`s on his game,
Ewan is a real handful for any defender, whilst Luke Russe has been outstanding in the middle of the park. (Oh,
one thing, can we switch our wingers back to where they were at the start of the season when they were both
scoring more goals, just a thought)

I can`t help thinking ahead to next season though, I assume Ewan will return to his parent club, Bristol City,
then there`s JT, his reputation is spreading, already teams are doubling up on him so we can assume clubs higher
up the food chain know all about him now. Come the end of the season he will almost certainly get offers above what
we can afford & I would expect he`s an ambitious lad, so can we keep him at TP??

Anyway, that`s a little way off we have another half the season to go, so lets enjoy it for now, and anyway, who knows
what other diamonds Jerrry might unearth for next season.

PSJRoman

comrade powell, Beau Nash, Luton Roman and Mazzer like this post

Back to top Go down

Mid season Report Empty Re: Mid season Report

Post by comrade powell Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:22 pm

Agree with everything you say, especially the first sentence and that applies to away matches as well as at Twerton. If the entertainment level is as high over the second half of the season we should be in for a treat. 
If he continues his excellent form then I think that keeping Thomas beyond the summer maybe optimistic but if he is headhunted I do hope that we get a decent deal for him - I believe that has not always been the case in the past. I’m sure he is ambitious and the Club wouldn’t stand in his way so I just hope he’s still here for the run in. 
While getting to the playoffs would be nice (especially for WSP 😉 ) my dearest wish is to go to Wembley in the Trophy - that’s not impossible.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Beau Nash and 2weirdtown like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:53 pm

I think Jim Barron should also be considered in City's improved style.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:02 pm

While Thomas has caught the eye it is the signing of Russe that has been the master stroke. He reads the game so well and I have noted that he is the organiser in midfield. The shape of the team defensively is very good so there is no place for the experience and control of Lines.
BenE
BenE

comrade powell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:07 pm

comrade powell wrote:
While getting to the playoffs would be nice (especially for WSP 😉 ) my dearest wish is to go to Wembley in the Trophy - that’s not impossible.
I actually said exactly that before the Trophy draw today lol. I'd take Trophy final over Top 7 finish any day. Anyone would I'd have thought. We also get to go to the home of 1 of the top 4 International teams in the world. Would be an absolute dream.
Paul1978
Paul1978

comrade powell and Beau Nash like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:27 pm

Paul1978 wrote:
comrade powell wrote:
I actually said exactly that before the Trophy draw today lol. I'd take Trophy final over Top 7 finish any day. Anyone would I'd have thought.
I think it depends on whether you are a player, the manager/coach, a board member or a fan. Different people have different priorities. (I recognise that board members are also fans).
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:58 pm

BenE wrote:
Paul1978 wrote:
comrade powell wrote:
I actually said exactly that before the Trophy draw today lol. I'd take Trophy final over Top 7 finish any day. Anyone would I'd have thought.
I think it depends on whether you are a player, the manager/coach, a board member or a fan. Different people have different priorities. (I recognise that board members are also fans).
I'm pretty dam sure the fans, the board, the players and Gill would take a Wembley final over a top 7 finish. Its a once on a lifetime thing is Wembley. Don't worry though BenE. We're going to Wembley and finish top 7. UTC Boys.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:49 pm

Generally I think teams that do win a cup go on to be very strong the next season in the league (although there is always the exception eg Leicester.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down