Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Victory v Concord

+6
Dave
LB
stillmanjunior
Dodgycarpet
comrade powell
tovid
10 posters

Go down

Victory v Concord Empty Victory v Concord

Post by tovid Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:58 am

Jerry and Jimmer have done remarkable work during the week to turn the team round. The talent in the side is there for all to see but you need to function as a team to win games. So well done to all the lads for putting in a lot of effort to pull this game out of the bag as Concord would have been confident.
Hopefully they have collectively got over the blip.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Victory v Concord Empty Re: Victory v Concord

Post by comrade powell Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:36 am

Well said. As is so often the case the strong wind behind us in the first half did us no favours and the Concord keeper fielded endless through balls which evaded our front runners. Those 45 minutes were played almost continually in the home team’s half and it was almost a surprise when we started the second half on the front foot. Both teams managed to get the ball down more and the game was better for it.

After what happened in the recent replay Ross really milked his goal celebrations but I think they were lost on the few Concord fans present. Ryan Clark really showed his worth in the last half hour as the shots and crosses rained in but in all honesty we were comfortable winners.

Just one more trip to Essex remains, play offs permitting....
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodgycarpet Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:26 pm

does anyone know when the play off dates, I'm trying to plan ahead and not double book myself but they dont seem to be anywhere!

Dodgycarpet

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:57 pm

The play off final will be on Saturday 9 May, a fortnight after our last league fixture on 25/4. So I assume the first play offs will be the following midweek and the semis on 2nd or 3rd. But don’t quote me!
Quite why it’s not stated on the fixtures page of the league website I don’t know - I got the date of the final from Wrexham’s site and they definitely won’t be in our final...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:39 pm

I had to try and track them down for the NLP a few months back and couldn't find anything online.

I believe the first play-offs are the Wednesday and Thursday after the season ends, depending on league position, then they're on the Saturday and Sunday. I also think the final is 10th May, a Sunday.

It should be on the league site, especially at this stage of the season.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:18 pm

I couldn't find it on the league website - why am I not surprised - and when I googled it I was taken to a page with the dates for 2018! I am sure I read somewhere that the National League final (is this played at Wembley?) is on Sunday 10th May so I wonder if North/South will be the day before?

Might be that the change of the Bank Holiday from Monday (4th) to Friday (8th) has a bearing on it, but not unreasonable to expect the dates to have been published by now.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:27 pm

Saturday 9th May would be 10 years to the day from the Woking final. Perfect.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Victory v Concord Empty Match Report

Post by Peter Newman Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:59 pm

I think there is no challenge to Kelston Koppite.

It seems that it was first written in Chinese and then converted by Google translation to a form of English.

http://www.concordrangers.co.uk/concord-rangers-v-bath-city-match-report-150220/

Last edited by Peter Newman on Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:25 pm

Wubbish.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:54 pm

Yeh, that's a pretty mind Goggling report. City must beware any slender visitors next Saturday.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelston Koppite Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:54 am

Peter Newman wrote:I think there is no challenge to Kelston Koppite.

It seems that it was first written in Chinese and then converted by Google translation to a form of English.

http://www.concordrangers.co.uk/concord-rangers-v-bath-city-match-report-150220/

Thanks. I will take that as a compliment! Unfortunately, I was unable to revisit the delights of Canvey Island on Saturday, and I will not be at Maidstone tonight. I hope that my absence will continue to be a good omen for the team!

Kelston Koppite
Kelston Koppite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down