Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hemel Victory

4 posters

Go down

Hemel Victory Empty Hemel Victory

Post by BenE Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:37 am

Hemel proved to be physical but toothless. It didn't take much to overcome them. I thought Joe Raynes was brilliant although at times the defence looked panicky. Really not sure you can make one decent player out of Alabi, Vassell and Yeboah they need to step up.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Hemel Victory Empty Re: Hemel Victory

Post by tovid Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:05 am

The pitch was a complete contrast to Saturday. It was mostly mud. So players did well considering.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:57 pm

I couldn’t get there last night so can’t comment on the game. Followed it on the excellent BCR which really is a credit to the Club. 
Listening to the manager’s interview it seems very possible that we won’t see Russe again for some time. Based on what you said about Hemel, presumably his absence was not missed so much last night but he has been such a key player especially in away matches when we’ve been under real pressure. I’m sure Hayfield as always will step up to the mark but the midfield is looking very thin especially with Smith missing as well from the Worthing match. As I said, I wasn’t there but the commentary suggested it was a very avoidable second yellow.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:25 pm

Yes it was reckless. We need Lines to be available. Or Raynes could play midfield with Batten at the back and Dyer RB.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:15 pm

BenE wrote:Yes it was reckless. We need Lines to be available. Or Raynes could play midfield with Batten at the back and Dyer RB.
Or could play Dyer midfield with Batten Centre back. Keep Raynes right back as otherwise it messes up the shape and balance of the team. Yes Russe player of the year so a real shame. Only central midfielders available for Worthing away are Hayfield and Lines of his eye infection clears up in time.

Last edited by Paul1978 on Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paul1978
Paul1978

Midsomer-steve likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:25 pm

Yes Dyer could play midfield. I believe neither Dyer nor Raynes like playing midfield but needs must.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down