Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad news about Brian Lee

2 posters

Go down

Sad news about Brian Lee Empty Sad news about Brian Lee

Post by comrade powell Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:32 pm

https://www.bathcityfc.com/rest-in-peace-brian-lee-mbe/

I don’t usually welcome these NL communications which member clubs have to display on their websites but this fine tribute is an exception. Very sad news about a man who was a real friend of non league football.

I first met Brian when he attended a meeting at Twerton to try to bring peace between the Club and Foundation which Pete McCormack and I were representing that day. He listened carefully to the cases presented by the two sides and was instrumental in drawing up a document which we would hopefully adhere to.

I came across him several times in the following years at TP and other grounds we were playing at as it was his aim as League chair to visit as many member clubs as possible each season. I don’t ever recall seeing the high profile person who succeeded him making such an effort.

And had Brian still been in position during the Covid seasons I very much doubt that his colleagues would have behaved like they did.

RIP Brian
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Sad news about Brian Lee Empty Re: Sad news about Brian Lee

Post by pete mac Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:13 pm

Yes I remember it well Martin. He was very fair minded.

pete mac

Back to top Go down