Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chippenham match off

+3
kermit
LB
comrade powell
7 posters

Go down

Chippenham match off Empty Chippenham match off

Post by comrade powell Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:09 pm

Covid case in the City camp. Best wishes to whoever it is.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Chippenham match off Empty Re: Chippenham match off

Post by LB Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:48 pm

I see that the game at Tonbridge on Saturday is off for the same reason, as is Chippenham v Havant, and two of tonight’s four games as well.

The table is starting to look very uneven now with some teams having played 14 or 15 games and Havant only 10 and Welling 9. Hard to think things will change much in the short term at least.

Will be interesting to see if the FA decides that the Troohy is an ‘elite’ competition all of a sudden so that the Step 3 and below sides can start training in time to play on Saturday week.

Last edited by LB on Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:33 pm

I thought that the Trophy had been made an elite competition.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:40 pm

comrade powell wrote:I thought that the Trophy had been made an elite competition.

You may well be right - I know that in the F A Cup they had to let the teams from Step 3 and below be considered elite so that they could train and take part in the rounds that took place during the second lockdown. This brought about the crazy situation where Banbury could have a crowd on one Saturday for the (at the time non elite) Trophy, but not the next week in the F A Cup!

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:06 am

LB wrote:
comrade powell wrote:I thought that the Trophy had been made an elite competition.

You may well be right - I know that in the F A Cup they had to let the teams from Step 3 and below be considered elite so that they could train and take part in the rounds that took place during the second lockdown. This brought about the crazy situation where Banbury could have a crowd on one Saturday for the (at the time non elite) Trophy, but not the next week in the F A Cup!
I bet that made Banbury cross tongue
kermit
kermit

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:23 pm

You can't have your Banbury cake and eat it. tongue rabbit
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:54 pm

Looks like Peterborough sports in training tonight with elite status. I guess game on.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:59 pm

I did a rough calculation* that the remaining prize money to be given out in this competition is £176,000.

If we win on Saturday we receive £5,250.
If they called time on this year's competition and shared the prize money between the remaining 32 clubs, we would all receive £5,500.

Just a thought. Right now with numbers rising I just can't see how the league season can play to a finish, and it'll be made more difficult if we progress in this competition as we lose more opportunities to play league matches. I'll be surprised if next Tuesday's with Havant is on seeing as they've had 11 positive cases. All seems a bit irrelevant and this is from someone who largely relies on income from football continuing.

*So rough that it's probably wrong and we could stand to win millions by staying in.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:34 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:

I did a rough calculation* that the remaining prize money to be given out in this competition is £176,000.

If they called time on this year's competition and shared the prize money between the remaining 32 clubs, we would all receive £5,500.

Just a thought. Right now with numbers rising I just can't see how the league season can play to a finish, and it'll be made more difficult if we progress in this competition as we lose more opportunities to play league matches. I'll be surprised if next Tuesday's with Havant is on seeing as they've had 11 positive cases. All seems a bit irrelevant and this is from someone who largely relies on income from football continuing.

*So rough that it's probably wrong and we could stand to win millions by staying in.

I did the same calculation the other day and came up with £323000 (including winner and loser prize money) which would be roughly £10000 each if it is right - having said that, if we win it we get £93750!

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:44 pm

Thank goodness I’m not in finance any more. £10k appeals more.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:59 pm

A win on Saturday is worth a minimum of £7000 as the losiing side in round 5 receives £1750.

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:50 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:

I see that Havant have got a bye in the Trophy on Saturday as Altrincham have had to pull out because of a positive Covid test. They have re-arranged a league game for that day so hopefully Tuesday's game will be on.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down