Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chippenham 1 City 4

+3
comrade powell
Beau Nash
Luton Roman
7 posters

Go down

Chippenham 1 City 4 Empty Chippenham 1 City 4

Post by Luton Roman Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:17 pm

Just putting this up for the comments to follow. Well done you City boyssss !

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Chippenham 1 City 4 Empty Re: Chippenham 1 City 4

Post by Beau Nash Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:34 pm

Chippenham 1 City 4 1f604 Great banter with Mainer and other Chip supporters on BCR.

Need to see the video of the game and JG's interview to wet my appetite to book the seat behind AF for Sunday 02 January.

Always good to be 4-1 up in the two legged "Derby" event.  Chippenham 1 City 4 1f64c
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:26 pm

Glum faces on the home fans leaving today.

Difficult to get an atmosphere going in that uncovered end but first half was decent after our early goal.

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:03 pm

A very comfortable win with some well taken goals.

I’m told that’s our biggest away win on Boxing Day since the 7-2 at Weymouth in 1977, when Richard Bourne did something rather special.  

If we can get the double over Chippenham it will keep the season going. But their away record suggests that they can’t be as clueless at Twerton as they were today.
comrade powell
comrade powell

the demon headmaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:43 pm

Great result - even more so for the handful who were at Ebbsfleet.

Peter Newman

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:54 pm

comrade powell wrote:A very comfortable win with some well taken goals.

I’m told that’s our biggest away win on Boxing Day since the 7-2 at Weymouth in 1977, when Richard Bourne did something rather special.  

If we can get the double over Chippenham it will keep the season going. But their away record suggests that they can’t be as clueless at Twerton as they were today.

I watched back their two games against Oxford and Hemel and they were far better than that. Bar that 4-1 success over Dorking their home form has been extremely patchy and they've played a lot of the sides in the bottom half. I'm expecting a very different game next week and it wouldn't surprise me if they turned over Hungerford on Tuesday now.

Only disappointing thing about today was not keeping a clean sheet which we would have deserved, took a well-taken free-kick to break through us. The back four were superb. Delaney, Wood and Dyer will be playing in the EFL by this time next year, I'm certain of it. I think Jones has gone under the radar a bit too, can barely recall him having a poor game and he hasn't been dropped once which demonstrates his consistency. Follows on from spells at Chippenham and Oxford when he was hardly ever left out.

Then the return to form of Smith and especially Holness, who produced his best performance for the club. So pleased for him.

Nice to end the year on a high* and hope we start 2022 in similar vein.

* speaking of which, cringing at my voice when Cooke scores his fourth. Not looking forward to listening back to that.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

threeday week likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:40 am

You can only play as well as the opposition let you and we broke up their play, assisted by fussy refereeing, pretty effectively. Dyer was my MOM but I thought Smith T had his best game of the season.
What was people's view of the sending off? It looked a bit harsh to me but the ref looked very sure.
Chippnum can't be helped at home by their appalling floodlights.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:18 am

Did Ryan have a shot to save? Don't recall one, and he had no chance with the freekick.

I did think we were sitting a bit too deep after the sending off, but as others have said the defence did a great job - agree with Mark about Eddie Jones.

From behind the goal I wasn't sure about the penalty but having seen a photograph it was clearly a trip on Cody - ironic that the referee should spot that when he gave us so little all afternoon. It did seem that every time one of our players went near a Chippenham one they went to ground and got a free kick.

Hopefully this will be the start of a run - just need to keep fingers crossed that new Covid restrictions don't come in to see the season paused or we go back to behind closed doors.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:44 am

Highlights - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjVKv2ddI54&t=224s - well done the media team for publishing them so quickly.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:05 pm

Looking at the highlights it looks as though Burgess pulls out of the second tackle.
Also they emphasise that there were good performances all over the park. A proper team effort.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down