Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New shirt?

+25
turnstyle13
Roy D Hacksaw
Midsomer-steve
OliverH
2weirdtown
Sir Ged Roddy
SteveBradley
Twerton Parker
A36
Dusty Lynfield
Bridgeyate
bonzo dog
westonpundit
Beau Nash
Dodgycarpet
Ashley
Marc Monitor
LB
pete mac
yuffie
stillmanjunior
tovid
RUDI GULITS
Tapper80
Steve Whites Missus
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New shirt? - Page 2 Empty Re: New shirt?

Post by Twerton Parker Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:24 am

Getting back to the idea of changing shirt designs every season, don't you think it would be great if all clubs had just the one home (and away) kit that runs forever and thus gives them a proper identity that all this chopping and changing denies?  

Now I realise that this will impact on the retail opportunities the annual changing of designs presents but for people wanting each season's shirts even that could be got round by incorporating a small (in this case) '18-19' logo on the sleeves as a part of the Vanarama badge and then, of course, there'll be that particular season's sponsor's name as well.

It's never going to happen, though, is it?!

Twerton Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveBradley Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:50 pm

Twerton Parker wrote:Getting back to the idea of changing shirt designs every season, don't you think it would be great if all clubs had just the one home (and away) kit that runs forever and thus gives them a proper identity that all this chopping and changing denies?  

Now I realise that this will impact on the retail opportunities the annual changing of designs presents but for people wanting each season's shirts even that could be got round by incorporating a small (in this case) '18-19' logo on the sleeves as a part of the Vanarama badge and then, of course, there'll be that particular season's sponsor's name as well.

Lot's of reasons why that would never happen - from merchandise revenues to sponsor appeal to changing fashions.

Probably the biggest issue overall is that the manufacturers themselves change their designs regularly, so you'd find after a season or two that you could no longer get your hands on a shirt if you didn't change with them.

From a City point of view - we change sponsors every season, so would need a new shirt issued with different labels on if nothing else. And if you're doing that, they probably think you may as well change the lot at the same time.

Personally I see no problem in changing shirts every 2 seasons, but think anything more frequent is unnecessary. Though I understand why we do it given our sponsors draw (which I think is an excellent initiative)

SteveBradley

Back to top Go down

Post by A36 Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:44 am

tovid wrote:A36 - It just makes it look like the shirts were bought second hand without getting a complete set.  It also gives the impression of a club that is up their own 

Sorry don't get the logic of either of these statements.

What sort of person would get either of these ideas?
What sort of person? Well, regular fans of non-league football would see it that way. The ideas are fairly self explanatory. If you start with, say, numbers 1, 2, 3, 14, 5, 6, 15, 8, 9, 12 and 11, that would look like you had a set of kit that had 4, 7 and 10 missing, so you have used the substitutes shirts to make up the numbers, the sort of line up you might see on a Sunday morning on Hackney Marshes. Once you get beyond that perception, and it becomes clear that the club have inserted shirt numbers out of sequence intentionally, then the impression that will give is of a club that thinks it has some sort of god given right to be playing in a league that does use squad numbers.

A36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Ged Roddy Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:22 am

You may have to log in to Facebook to see this answer about the shirt from a 'former' (?) avid City supporter. The post was made around 10am on 25 July.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/232866411968/permalink/10155462803706969/

Sir Ged Roddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:33 am

A blast from the past:

From Facebook - Ian Hedges "This is obviously a wreched kit. The Bath City fans who are amonst the most brainwashed cult followers on earth will say that they love it and it's great, but it isnt. The patturn cannot be reffered to as black and white stripes for one thing but ignoring the insult to the clubs history, the shirt itself looks like a total mess."

The "devil/demon/diablo" (what was his Forum name?) is back; top trolling.  lol!
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:45 am

We had the link, why does it need to be copied and pasted as well? Thank heavens for the block feature on Facebook.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:36 am

Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:20 am

Twerton Parker wrote:Getting back to the idea of changing shirt designs every season, don't you think it would be great if all clubs had just the one home (and away) kit that runs forever and thus gives them a proper identity that all this chopping and changing denies?  

Ah, now if we ever went for my grand plan of nationalising football, it could happen.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:28 pm

Haven't seen the shirt 'in the flesh' yet, but from the pictures I have seen it looks okay.

As I said earlier, I don't have a problem with the squad numbers, but if the idea was to personalise the shirt for each player as Jerry has said, I don't understand why we didn't put the names on as well. If we had, that would also have shot down A36's argument against the idea.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:45 pm

Players no longer have names, they are referred to by their number (there is no room for a name  scratch on the back of a shirt).

Although the players may say - "I am not a number, I am a person. I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign." - famous phrases from what TV programme? affraid
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:47 pm

Beau Nash wrote:Players no longer have names, they are referred to by their number (there is no room for a name  scratch on the back of a shirt).

Although the players may say - "I am not a number, I am a person. I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign." - famous phrases from what TV programme? affraid

Said by Number 6.... hold on he's on the bench as Jerry's Prisoner

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:50 pm

I think it looks OK though with a touch of those awful 80s/90s shirts that teams wore.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:16 pm

I quite like it... might actually buy one this season

i like how they've made the stripes out of stripes!

OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:51 pm

I think the shirt looks good on the players while on the pitch, but shocking on supporters.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:53 pm

I love you (nearest to a Twitter heart) for Steve W M?  cheers
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:55 pm

Steve Whites Missus wrote:I think the shirt looks good on the players while on the pitch, but shocking on supporters.

I wear "branded" clothes if they give me them for free. Advertising with me is very cheap. lol!
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-steve Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:18 pm

I thought that the new shirts were awful at first glance - thought that they were grey and white striped, but by the end of the game their design grew on me. As has been commented on though, I would be miffed if I were the main sponsor - their name can only be read close up.
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:08 am

OliverH wrote:I quite like it... might actually buy one this season

i like how they've made the stripes out of stripes!

Very Happy
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:17 am

In related news, is this an official thing, or is someone chancing it?

https://www.sloganite.com/products/retro-bath-ringer-shirt-with-embroidered-badge

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:29 am

Chancing.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:47 am

We must have copyright on the badge, though? I know we did the heritage ones through Toffs a few years back - probs worth getting someone to check it out, just in case it's not legit.

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:52 am

No, I doubt we would have copyright on that badge. It's from before badge copyright times. Even if it was copyrighted at the time, it is probably out of date now. I didn't realise that the club got money from the Toffs ones.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:53 am

While we're at it, please can we get some babywear... a family friend just bought our 5-month-old a BATH RUGBY onesie because "I checked at Bath City and they don't do any baby stuff" Very Happy

(don't worry, it went straight on the bonfire!)
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by turnstyle13 Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:09 pm

I think I saw Chris Stone on Saturday with one of those 'Sloganite' shirts.

turnstyle13

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeview Joe Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:18 pm

Roy D Hacksaw wrote:In related news, is this an official thing, or is someone chancing it?

https://www.sloganite.com/products/retro-bath-ringer-shirt-with-embroidered-badge

It looks cheap and nasty ... plus, 2XL at 44" ??? ... They're obviously trying to corner the Jimmy Clitheroe market.
Freeview Joe
Freeview Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next