Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Player news

+24
Manchester Romans
CityJon
sned
turnstyle13
county exile
comrade powell
Midsomer-chris
pete mac
Freeview Joe
kermit
Marc Monitor
stillmanjunior
Steve Whites Missus
Ashley
Beau Nash
Dave
SteveS
Sir Ged Roddy
BenE
Roy D Hacksaw
LB
sirkev
Dusty Lynfield
Luton Roman
28 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Player news - Page 4 Empty Re: Player news

Post by kermit Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:03 pm

Does the picture of him in Gloucestershire live show him being tackled by Matt Coupe?
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:58 am

Please note that there has been no official announcement from the club on this signing.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:12 pm

Presumably the side will be augmented with loanees again. I think this makes it more difficult to bring through our own youth players but we need to cut our cloth to suit at the moment.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:11 pm

As was mentioned at the AGM, part of the the Football Working Group's remit and rationale is to look at the long-term improvement in throughput of youth and Academy players to the senior squad. Although the manager has shorter term goals and has to be pramatic, I was pleased to hear that Jerry also is of this thinking.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:21 pm

Presume Mann to be announced at 8.30.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:43 pm

And the lanky Robbie Cundy

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:50 pm

Good signings. We definitely need height at the back.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:47 pm

Shaping up nicely.

Need another midfielder in my view. A battler/terrier

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:00 pm

Well we've got two Yorkies
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:01 pm

Ho ho!

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by sned Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:34 pm

Ryan Brunt signed. Another striker, this time with plenty of experience in League 2. Not an amazing scoring record at that level but at 6 foot 2, he'll provide some more height.

Ex Rovers, Plymouth and Exeter.

sned

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:25 pm

Marc Monitor wrote:As was mentioned at the AGM, part of the the Football Working Group's remit and rationale is to look at the long-term improvement in throughput of youth and Academy players to the senior squad. Although the manager has shorter term goals and has to be pramatic, I was pleased to hear that Jerry also is of this thinking.

It must be a bit disheartening though for any players joining the academy to realise that they have a very slim chance of making it into the first team. I see that both Adam Forster and Oaklan Buck have moved on - I appreciate that the latter wasn’t a youth team player - and for all the time and effort that Billy Clark puts in the only player who has come through to hold down a regular place is Dan Bowman, and we basically seem to be developing players for local Western and Southern League clubs.

While Jerry may well be keen to bring on young players (even if they are from City and Rovers!) as Marc says it is about getting results in the short term which the squad being assembled at the moment certainly seems capable of doing.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:37 pm

James Morton back on loan is good news if he shows some of that form from last season. Midfield flair and goal power very evident now. Just hope we are strong enough at the back and can get hold of the ball in midfield.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:13 pm

Rigg, Morton, Artus, Richards, Stearn and Raynes sounds good to an extent but I would say that a couple of injuries and we are at our bare bones. Richards can't be relied up for a whole season, I wouldn't have thought; I didn't think Raynes was signed to be a regular straight away and, obviously, Morton is just here until Christmas. I would have thought there will be another one in there before deadline day even if it is only another loanee. Mann definitely looks like he can play in midfield if needs be.

The defence of Straker, Batten, Ball, Amankwaah and Cundy all look good and I wonder if Jerry is considering Raynes at cover for one of them as well (as he was at the Rovers game). He did ok but looked much happier in midfield.

Obviously, upfront we look fine. I think that maybe another two players - possibly loanees - before deadline day.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:38 pm

I would imagine tomorrow’s line up at Weymouth would give an indication of what Jerry thinks his best team is as he must have a pretty good idea after 7 friendlies.

It will be interesting to see if he goes for 3 at the back (Batten, Ball, Cundy?) with wing backs, and if he does whether he then goes 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 - we seem to have the players to carry off both.

If he goes with 4 at the back the question is who will play at right back - Amankwah would seem the obvious choice, but his injury has already flared up twice in pre-season. Playing Raynes there would seem to be a gamble as it isn’t his natural position and he is also stepping up a level.

Midfield seems pretty well covered, especially with the addition of Morton, and on paper at least we have an ‘embarrassment of riches’ in attack. Whatever the 11 selected to face Dartford, we should have a pretty strong bench so I wonder if Jerry will persist with Hodges as one of the subs?

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4