Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Player news

+3
LB
Dusty Lynfield
Luton Roman
7 posters

Go down

Player news Empty Player news

Post by Luton Roman Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:31 pm

Tom Smith recalled by Swindon, big shame. Jamie Lucas leaves, not a surprise. New forward on loan from Fulham.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Player news Empty Re: Player news

Post by Dusty Lynfield Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:21 pm

Real shame re Tommy Smith....I really liked the pairing of him and Frankie in front of Matt Richards. Good news in the Chronicle is that it sounds like Jack Compton is nearing fitness again and Amankwaah is fit for Tuesday. Looking forward to seeing the new striker.
Dusty Lynfield
Dusty Lynfield

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:49 pm

The Fulham website describes Isaac Pearce as “a classic ‘fox in the box’ striker” but then goes on to say that he mainly played on the right wing for their under 18 team but sometimes switched to the left. The ‘Fulham Wiki’ says he can also play as an attacking midfielder so is clearly very versatile.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-chris Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:57 pm

I am really sorry to see Tom Smith go as I think he has played really well and been a great contribution to the team.  Sad
It came as a bit of a shock because they said his loan had been extended until January. They should not be allowed to say that and then take him away anyway. Evil or Very Mad
Midsomer-chris
Midsomer-chris

Back to top Go down

Post by cannonball Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:18 pm

Dusty Lynfield wrote:Real shame re Tommy Smith....I really liked the pairing of him and Frankie in front of Matt Richards.  Good news in the Chronicle is that it sounds like Jack Compton is nearing fitness again and Amankwaah is fit for Tuesday.  Looking forward to seeing the new striker.

Yes... Tom Smith will definitely be missed - he made a big impression on me with his non-stop running, attitude, passing ability and skill. Real shame we couldn't keep him until the end of January as was planned. Frankie Artus must have loved playing alongside him and I think this showed with Frankie's form rising rapidly in the past few weeks enjoying Jerry Gill's more up tempo passing game.

If Jack Compton is ready to come back that will soften the blow to a certain extent as he is a quality footballer, who again should thrive playing within JG's new philosophy.......but unfortunately he hasn't got the work rate that Smith had!

New loan striker from Fulham looks interesting and as someone else said it is no surprise that Lucas has gone - to me he never looked fully fit, appeared very one paced and just didn't have any real X-factor.....not a great signing in reality. Crying or Very sad
cannonball
cannonball

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:03 pm

And Billy Murphy leaves due to work commitments. Another Bristol City loanee arrives.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveS Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:47 pm

Murphy signs for Hereford, no surprise there.

SteveS

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:51 am

Ah. Is that where he lives?

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:12 am

I believe it's Leominster
comrade powell
comrade powell