Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leafelt drop for the Community day

+12
SteveS
comrade powell
Luton Roman
Peteboa
Jon_BOA
Paul1978
2weirdtown
pete mac
stillmanjunior
BenE
Beau Nash
Mark Tanner
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Leafelt drop for the Community day - Page 2 Empty Re: Leafelt drop for the Community day

Post by Mark Tanner Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:16 pm

I have someone doing the following:

Lansdown Road up to Balance street flats both sides, Ainslies Belvedere (and the little Road next to it which I cant remember the name of, Bennet Street, Circus, Brock Street, Rivers Street.

Not sure if it went out in that bunch, seems far away.

If someone can get in touch on here if they have done that road then that'll be great!
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Leafelt drop for the Community day - Page 2 Empty Re: Leafelt drop for the Community day

Post by Mark Tanner Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:18 pm

Ah just checked again the following area's are covered in that area:

I live in Greenacres, BA1 4NS. Can also do The Macies, bits of Lansdown Lane, Haviland Grove, possibly part of Eastfield Ave. Depends what other coverage you have for my area.

I haven't given you any leaflets yet have it Steve? 7pm Monday night outside the Fleece for BA1 leaflets! Cheers
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerP Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:56 pm

Mark Tanner wrote:Ah just checked again the following area's are covered in that area:

I live in Greenacres, BA1 4NS. Can also do The Macies, bits of Lansdown Lane, Haviland Grove, possibly part of Eastfield Ave. Depends what other coverage you have for my area.

Hi Mark

I distributed my 150 leaflets to these streets on Sunday morning. This is a different area to 'Lansdown Rd'

Regards
Rog
RogerP
RogerP

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:50 pm

Yeah it is sorted out now Roger, thanks for your help! Gearing up for a big push tonight too, 7pm meet at the Fleece. I best get to Bath soon!
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:07 pm

Mark
I picked up about 100+ leaflets off the bar in Charlies after the game Sat. I can post as many as I have in the area around Inverness Rd/Lwr Bristol as previously emailed if still needed.
Regards, Neil Hughes
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:39 pm

Yes please Neil, the roads covered today was over the bridge behind the fleece, which won't worry you. The following roads have been done round you tonight though:

Ringwood road, odd numbers of Lyndhurst road and 1-9 of Western Avenue.

Hope that makes sense and post on here which streets you have done or link up with the rest of us tomorrow night at 7pm at TP. Thanks!
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:47 pm

Very annoyed I ran out of leaflets before being able to finish Western Avenue and do the even side of Lyndhurst!  Mad 

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:18 pm

A pity there are so few leaflets Sad  but we must be grateful for the sponsorship.   Basketball 

Impressed that the New Crown already knew of the event and had poster as did other businesses in Chelsea Road. Thanks to Spar for taking a poster. Very Happy 

Positive reaction  bounce  from:
Weston Village pubs - The Old Crown & Kings Head;   drunken 
Village hub - http://www.allsaintscentre.org.uk/ - a place for all purposes;  
Weston & Panda takeaways.
All have posters.   cheers

NB: geek Forum Admins: Gross shortage of suitable emoticons.
 tongue
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:34 pm

Good work Rob! Yeah I went in the New Crown they were very friendly only too keen to take a poster!

The posters were done as a favour to the club, next year I'm determined to get one in every house in Bath (well nearly everyone). I'll be looking at 20k leaflets at least, really pleased with all the offers of help so far!

About 600 leaflets to go out in BA2 tomorrow, 7pm meet at TP, more the merrier!

There are also a lot of A4 posters available from the club so please call in and pick some up if you know of anywhere which will take them! Let us know on here where they went up too.
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:32 am

Distributed the last posters today:

The Manor Dental Practice.
Weston Fruit Stores.
Weston Post Office.
Star / Premier News & Convenience Store

Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryS Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:46 am

Mark Tanner wrote:I can't log in to the Bristol Rovers forum, too many errors with whatever I try! Can someone with an account post on there for me?

Cheers

I've posted it on the Rovers forum this morning.

MaryS

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:35 pm

Brilliant Rob and Mary, that'll help spread the word! Mary if you could try and keep the conversation going on there so it is on their front page near the top that'll be great!

If anyone else with a Bristol Rovers or City forum account please do the same!
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:06 pm

What about Millwall? - I can post something on their forum....  Twisted Evil
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:21 pm

comrade powell wrote:What about Millwall? - I can post something on their forum....  Twisted Evil

If they Evil or Very Mad turned up what was meant to be a community day would turn into a riot... affraid (Where is the hiding behind computer emoticon when one needs it?)  lol!
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:28 pm

Mark Tanner wrote:Yes please Neil, the roads covered today was over the bridge behind the fleece, which won't worry you. The following roads have been done round you tonight though:

Ringwood road, odd numbers of Lyndhurst road and 1-9 of Western Avenue.

Hope that makes sense and post on here which streets you have done or link up with the rest of us tomorrow night at 7pm at TP. Thanks!

Sorry couldn't get to TP by 7. I've posted what leaflets I had in Inverness, Burnham and some in Lwr Bristol. Any leaflets left? I could do more. I'm at 11 Inverness Rd or can pick up 7pm from someone tomorrow.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:30 am

Hi Neil,

Sorry all the leaflets have gone out now, thanks for your efforts though, really good work! At least the club didn't spend any money on the leaflets Andy 'Del Boy' Weeks managed to source them for free, so can't complain!

Massive thanks to Rob Wills, Steve Skinner, Andrew Kerslake, Colin Voutt, Jonathan Blain, Roger Peabody, Pete Brown and Director Andrew Pierce for braving the elements to help spread the message.

For next time I'll be looking for about 10-20X the amount of leaflets and a bigger group session of volunteers and a properly planned out route map for everyone, on their own or in small groups!

Now just make sure you tell everyone you see about our great club before Saturday! Finally it feels like the whole of the club is pulling in the same direction, top work guys and girls!

UTC
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryS Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:32 am

I've bumped the thread on the Rovers forum this morning.

With the news of the JR ruling re. the UWE Stadium yesterday, it seems very appropriate to re-visit Twerton Park. The tenancy enabled Rovers to remain in existence, and slowly move forward to achieve their ultimate goal of a new ground.

MaryS

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:33 am

Brilliant Mary thank you. Just the one day left so if everyone can push it on social media tonight then that'll really help! I can't as i'll be at work but when I check my emails before bed at 11 I should hopefully see a lot of people's posts on fb and twitter. Make sure you hit up things like guides for bath type twitter accounts.

Bath rugby may have the money to spread their community day ahead of ours but we can certainly give pester power a go!

UTC and see you all tomorrow with all your friends and family!
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:55 am

Mark Tanner wrote:...Make sure you hit up things like guides for bath type twitter accounts...

What is "hit up" Question I don't have that thingy.  scratch  

Memo to comrade... Shocked
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:24 pm

We have just had a twenty seconds or so mention with pictures of TP on ITV News West Country.  Very Happy 

Will we be on BBC Points West at 1830 hours?
 Neutral
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:23 pm

No of course not. The BBC only remember we exist when we win something

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:39 pm

if we ever did get that huge draw in the cup, it would be nice for the club to tell the bbc where to go....
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:23 am

Well Bob Chester has been on Radio Bristol twice now plugging the game. Once last night and once this morning!
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:32 am

Shame Points West didn't bother  Mad 

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:19 pm

Well done to everyone involved with the leaflet drop. It shows there is a real community spirit within the club.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next