Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North Ferriby Away

+21
Venezuelan Roman
Major Icewater
Dave
kentish tim
turnstyle13
Roman Mike
yuffie
RUDI GULITS
Matt_1376
Marc Monitor
tigerroar
Luton Roman
Manchester Romans
stillmanjunior
Dave N
Jon_BOA
2weirdtown
Steve Whites Missus
Ashley
comrade powell
Beau Nash
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

North Ferriby Away  Empty North Ferriby Away

Post by Beau Nash Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:48 pm

Idea

Assuming we don't get hammered out of sight in the first leg I feel our best chance to get to Wembley will be to try and turn the second leg into a home game.

Like Dover last night, I hope we can do some deals to obtain a price of just £10 per head for coach travel.  Surely we can get 300 people interested in the game and that would mean 6 coaches...

Would it not be a good idea to ask supporters...NOW...to indicate their interest in travelling?  

What about a party arranged at Charlies on return, c.9pm, from the game. A few drinks, Domino's pizzas, video highlights of the two legs? (Would Domino's like to sponsor?)

It is a 460 mile, 8 hours round journey.

Admission Prices: Adult £12, U-16 £6, Senior Citizens (65+) & Students (with valid ID) £6.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

North Ferriby Away  Empty Re: North Ferriby Away

Post by comrade powell Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:53 pm

I can't share your optimism on the likely number travelling, but I hope you're correct. As I posted earlier on the away travel thread, the SC will advertise the details for the coach(es) once we have them. Perhaps you'd like to sort the party...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:56 pm

I'm not looking forward to the departure time from Radstock... Sad

And it's the day before the Bath Half. That's going to be a somewhat tiring weekend.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:36 pm

One full coach to Dover was great. Two full coaches for Ferriby would be pretty impressive.

I'm awaiting the details posted up with baited breath.......

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:02 pm

Hull City are playing away that day, so Ferriby should pick up a big floating fanbase for the day. No doubt the story of the 'local minnows' into the semi finals has garnered attention in what is a more football orientated city than ours.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:36 pm

2weirdtown wrote:Hull City are playing away that day, so Ferriby should pick up a big floating fanbase for the day.  No doubt the story of the 'local minnows' into the semi finals has garnered attention in what is a more football orientated city than ours.

Not sure about that! They might not follow the brand of rubbish that is played in this city, but they have two top flight rugby league teams, which suggests they are probably more rugby than football orientated surely? (Having never been to Hull I'll fully accept I might be miles off here...)

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave N Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:07 pm

They look strong at home in the LEAGUE - scored 30 goals (We have scored 19 at home) but they have only won 3 games away at 11 goals (We have scored 12 away).

Dave N

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:23 pm

I don't think they've lost many games either.

I'm personally expecting two much tighter games than the open ones against Dover. Cue an 8-8 draw after two legs.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Manchester Romans Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:31 pm

There has to be a chance that the away leg will be all-ticket: their ground looks tiny, and as has been mentioned, the Wembley prize will ensure the game receives a lot of coverage locally. If it is all-ticket I hope we get a decent allocation - we took 250 to nearby Grimsby in the FA Cup, and this is arguably a bigger game.

Manchester Romans

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:38 pm

Any team in the semi is gonna be decent, we're not half bad ourselves. Probably good to miss the Prem sides over 2 legs, but yes why should the next 180 mins of Trophy football be much different from the last few games in terms of drama, emotion and the rollercoaster.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerroar Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:49 pm

Dave N wrote:They look strong at home in the LEAGUE - scored 30 goals (We have scored 19 at home) but they have only won 3 games away at 11 goals (We have scored 12 away).

Their equaliser against us was a yard out of play when the ball was crossed.

"I didn't see it" said the useless prat with the flag.

tigerroar

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerroar Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:50 pm

Manchester Romans wrote:There has to be a chance that the away leg will be all-ticket: their ground looks tiny, and as has been mentioned, the Wembley prize will ensure the game receives a lot of coverage locally. If it is all-ticket I hope we get a decent allocation - we took 250 to nearby Grimsby in the FA Cup, and this is arguably a bigger game.

It is. They've spunked loads on players and the bare minimum on the ground.

Pointless bankrolled village team.

tigerroar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave N Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:00 pm

They only had just over 600 at home in last round. And they reckon that was a good crowd.

Dave N

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:19 pm

The two leg element isn't bothering me as much as we have won over two legs against Gloucester and Dover.

Losing leads does, however.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt_1376 Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:30 pm

Last night I bought my train ticket from Liverpool South Parkway to Ferriby (2 x cheapish advance singles = total of £30.70).  I arrive in Ferriby on the 28th at about 10.30am, but I'm staying on the train to Hull. (need to pay a bit extra for a return from Ferriby to Hull - only £5.40).

So I'll arrive in Hull at 10.51am. Heading straight to this Wetherspoon's for a breakfast and pint:

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-admiral-of-the-humber

I was in Hull a couple of years ago as I was catching the ferry over to the Netherlands. Monday afternoon in October and the whole of Hull was more or less closed, including this pub:

http://www.hopandvinehull.co.uk/Home/Home.aspx

Hopefully will be open on Saturday 28th Feb so heading here after 'spoons.

I did find this pub open when I was last in Hull:

http://www.yeoldewhiteharte.com/

But it's over in the old part of the town about a 15-20 min walk from the station. Not sure if there'll be time to head over there because I'll need to get the 14.25 from Hull back to Ferriby, which arrives there at 14.36; plenty of time to walk to the ground which is along the road from the station.

There is a pub in Ferriby called the Duke of Cumberland; but I've read some bad reviews of the place, hence why I'll spend lunch time in Hull before heading to the game.

http://www.dukeofcumberlandpub.co.uk/

I need to catch the train back from Ferriby at 17.23. Journey takes nearly 3.5 hours back to Liverpool, but I'll have 30 mins in Leeds to buy some beer for the rest of the journey home.

Looking forward to seeing you all there, and hopefully my mate from work who supports Skelmersdale will be tagging along for the away day. If anyone wants to meet up in Hull for a pint then let me know so I can look out for you. Wink
Matt_1376
Matt_1376

Back to top Go down

Post by RUDI GULITS Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:49 pm

if you got to get the 17.23 train you better hope the tie don't go to pens as you would miss them
RUDI GULITS
RUDI GULITS

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt_1376 Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:58 pm

RUDI GULITS wrote:if you got to get the 17.23 train you better hope the tie don't go to pens as you would miss them

Don't worry, if it goes to extra time and pens I won't make a dash for the train. In which case my advance ticket back to Liverpool will be invalid and I'll have to buy a new ticket!

But, under exceptional circumstances I think I'll be able to talk my way out of having to buy a new ticket if I miss the 17.23.  

("come on Mr Train Guard, it was the FA Trophy semi final!") Twisted Evil

But if I am forced to buy a new ticket it will cost £49.90 for a single back to Liverpool South Parkway; hence why I'm working overtime this weekend which will cover the cost of a new ticket. Wink

If City DO win at FT then I'll be able to catch the 17.23, and the money I get from doing overtime this weekend will instead pay for my train ticket down to THAT London at the end of March. pirat

Last edited by Matt_1376 on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Matt_1376
Matt_1376

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:00 pm

Bloody hell, Matt, everyone is going to be jealous of your train prices. The fare from here is nearly £200 and takes about three days.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt_1376 Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:03 pm

Marc Monitor wrote:Bloody hell, Matt, everyone is going to be jealous of your train prices. The fare from here is nearly £200 and takes about three days.

Bath Spa to Ferriby on the 28th - £113.50 return with a journey time of 6 hours each way!

Long FPB journey too - respect to anyone who survives! Laughing
Matt_1376
Matt_1376

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:04 pm

Nearly £120 I meant to put. Ok, the 'three days' was a bit of an exaggeration
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt_1376 Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:20 pm

LOL

Should be a great away day, by whichever means we all get to the game.

Let's have fun, and let City win! Wink
Matt_1376
Matt_1376

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:54 am

I am toying with the idea of the train and possible spending a night up there just to go back to Hull where I lived for three years.

I used to enjoy the six hour train journey apart from one time when because of flooding it took about 18 hours to get back to Bath.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Roman Mike Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:07 am

Beau Nash wrote:Idea

Assuming we don't get hammered out of sight in the first leg I feel our best chance to get to Wembley will be to try and turn the second leg into a home game.

Like Dover last night, I hope we can do some deals to obtain a price of just £10 per head for coach travel.  Surely we can get 300 people interested in the game and that would mean 6 coaches...

Would it not be a good idea to ask supporters...NOW...to indicate their interest in travelling?  

What about a party arranged at Charlies on return, c.9pm, from the game. A few drinks, Domino's pizzas, video highlights of the two legs? (Would Domino's like to sponsor?)

It is a 460 mile, 8 hours round journey.

Admission Prices: Adult £12, U-16 £6, Senior Citizens (65+) & Students (with valid ID) £6.

I love the optimism of being able to get back by 9pm - even assuming there is no extra time and penalties.
Roman Mike
Roman Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:39 am

although a party to celebrate being knocked out presumably appeals to Mr Nash!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Roman Mike Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:54 pm

Capacity of the "EON Visual Media Stadium" (I kid you not) is 2,700 apparently.
Think Concord Rangers only without the facilities or atmosphere
http://www.footballgroundguide.com/north-ferriby-united/index.html
Roman Mike
Roman Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next