Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Development Squad

3 posters

Go down

Development Squad Empty Development Squad

Post by Beau Nash Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:49 am

Went to see them play last night.

Missed the first 5 minutes due to misinformation about kick-off time, I only watched the FIRST HALF.

I liked our right winger, pacey and good feet, created several goal scoring opportunities which were squandered by several different players; two of them should have been converted instead of blazing over the bar.

We had a real workhorse in midfield and I liked our left back too;  our goalkeeper is a big lad and looks promising.

We passed the ball around well, mostly on the deck and often found some neat one-twos or through balls to create goal scoring opportunities.

We were caught out at the back on a few occasions but that is to be expected with inexperience and Millfield were impressive all round.

Score at half time was 0-2 (I think?) but should have been something like 2-2, although Millfield probably just about deserved a lead as they took their chances, despite us having most of the possession.
Overall lots to work on but highly encouraging;  I would certainly go again.  cheers 

NB:  We need to ensure that details of the games are better publicised.    Idea  Yuffers could you put a section on the website as I can't find anything anywhere else which is up to date?

PS: Didn't recognise any of the thirty or so spectators other than Paul Williams.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Development Squad Empty Re: Development Squad

Post by BenE Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:48 pm

I get confused between the development squad and the academy but presumably left back is Mitchell.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:06 pm

I get confused too BenE;  it may be my senility.  My guess is the Development Squad are Uni based and usually older than the Academy, who I believe are U16 and based at Writhlington school BUT don't quote me... confused  scratch
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:57 am

The Academy squad is for players aged 16-18, they play most of their home matches at Writhlington on Saturday mornings at 10.30am. Some are moved to MTP.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down