Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fight for Fans this weekend!

+2
stillmanjunior
Mark Tanner
6 posters

Go down

Fight for Fans this weekend! Empty Fight for Fans this weekend!

Post by Mark Tanner Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:20 pm

Bath Rugby are at Home.
We're at home.
Larkhall at home
Odd Down at home.
Bristol Rovers at home.

It's going to be an interesting guess the gate this weekend! Make sure you spread the word that there is a game on this weekend, my preview for the weekend is here: http://www.mtannersports.com/weekend-preview-15th-nov-14/

Also mention to people about the special deals the club have at the ticket office!

SPECIAL DEALS:
U16s: £1.00 when accompanied by paying adult
FAMILY: £18.00 for 2 parents + 2 children
(for both deals get tickets at the ticket office, not turnstile)

Bargains to be had for adults with kids!
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Fight for Fans this weekend! Empty Re: Fight for Fans this weekend!

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:57 pm

I've been to Odd Down around this time of year in each of the past two seasons.

By 2.50 I was one of about eight people in the ground. I don't know who they're playing but I don't think we'll be losing many of the Bath public to that competition.

Bath Rugby might be a bit different. I know some bearded bloke used to be a bit torn between his love for bloke, but do we have a host of other supporters that ditch us for the rugby? Personally I'd need to be paid enough money to clear our clubs debts than go to a rugby game but I'm sure others are different.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:00 pm

I go occassionally as my friend has a season ticket so gets the odd freebie etc but I'd never go in place of a City game.

On the old forum I did a comparison of home gates which if I get really bored I might do again for this season so far.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:06 pm

Not much going on at lunch today so here goes:

We've had 6 Saturday home games this season - 3 with rugby (Chelmsford, Eastbourne & St Albans) and 3 without (Whitehawk, Poole, Shortwood).

Average with rugby: 452
Average without: 581.

I know 2 of the without ones were FA Cup games but that's a big difference.

I might do a full one for last season later for a nominal fee...

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:09 pm

That's quite interesting. A season long survey would be great. I'll buy a Matchday Draw ticket from you tomorrow in exchange.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:48 pm

I'd say the biggest clash is England's game on the box with Slovenia. I don't suppose it occurs to the FA that kicking off later would enable fans below the championship to watch their team and England.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:38 pm

The England game is at 5, so presumabley if club bars show it the FA will say that is the case?

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:42 pm

Possibly, although people who drive are less likely to hang around. I can't believe the FA's scheduling of the Wembley match was based on helping clubs or fans at our level...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:52 pm

In fairness I doubt the FA have had too much say in when the game takes place, because of the new TV deals UEFA have spaced out the qualifiers over various days and kick off times for 'dedicated European Football Channels' like Sky Sports 5 to show as many as possible live, I can't imagine the FA were responsible for the Sunday afternoon England game the other week Shirley?

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:40 pm

Yes, I always like to give the FA the benefit of the doubt and they are probably not to blame. Dennis needs to send Conf South fixtures to UEFA!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:19 pm

OK the results are in!

Last season we played 19 home games on Saturdays or in the day time (Easter Monday included as I'd class this as a possible rugby game). 4 of these clashed with rugby home games and 15 not. If anyone wants to see my spreadsheet show me how to attach it and I will! Very Happy

Average gates

With rugby: 510.3
Without rugby: 639.7

However, the Salisbury Cup game and Community Day were non rugby days, and as these are exceptional items we get a truer picture by excluding them (keeping the Gosport home FAC game in as this was a rugby day and not an exceptional game)

Amended averages

With rugby: 510.3
Without rugby: 550.3

So it would seem the rugby costs around 40.

This doesn't account for opposition (for example we played Bromley on a non-rugby day and they normally bring a few, the rugby clashes were Tonbridge, Gosport FAC, Whitehawk and Basingstoke, none of whom are traditionally well supported).

It also doesn't account for things like the rugby being on TV or similar but I think it's fair to say that there is an impact on gates.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:10 pm

40 people sounds about right. There seemed like a lot more Maidenhead supporters yesterday compared to last year's fixture and that would count for the 40 people up on last year's attendance in which case I am not sure that rugby played that much of a part.

At least, England were playing on Saturday. Wales seem to be constantly playing Friday nights, midweek or, tonight, Sundays which makes it very hard for people who work and want to travel away to see them.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:32 pm

It seems odd that our 2nd and 3rd highest league attendances have come after the Thurrock defeat. Supporters have certainly responded wonderfully to the request in the board statement to get behind the team.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down