Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boreham Wood

+8
Ashley
Midsomer-steve
kermit
2weirdtown
comrade powell
Beau Nash
SteveBradley
Luton Roman
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Boreham Wood Empty Boreham Wood

Post by Luton Roman Fri Aug 02, 2024 12:18 pm

Website worth a look for visiting fans. Segregation in place, can't use clubhouse, advised to use pubs elsewhere, tickets cheaper if bought in advance, £22 match day v £20 in advance for adults concessions £2 less.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Boreham Wood Empty Re: Boreham Wood

Post by SteveBradley Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:51 pm

£22 for a 6th tier game? That's punchy.

SteveBradley

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Fri Aug 02, 2024 2:47 pm

Extortionately expensive. Evil or Very Mad

Are the toilets free or like a certain airline do BW charge for that? Rolling Eyes

Forget the pub, take food and drink with you, picnic in a local park or party in the car. Wink

Minimum spend will be at least £50 each if 4 travel in a car. Shocked
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Aug 02, 2024 7:54 pm

And they have prevented our media team from broadcasting and filming the game in the past if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully they're at this level for one season only.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:54 pm

comrade powell wrote:And they have prevented our media team from broadcasting and filming the game in the past if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully they're at this level for one season only.

Yeh, hopefully they'll be relegated
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

comrade powell, Beau Nash, Midsomer-chris and Midsomer-steve like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Aug 03, 2024 12:19 pm

And the Wetherspoons on the 'High Street' from the station to the ground looks like it closed earlier this year.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Sat Aug 03, 2024 12:25 pm

comrade powell wrote:And they have prevented our media team from broadcasting and filming the game in the past if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully they're at this level for one season only.

Other than BW which club did the same last season, or was it previous seasons? scratch

Why isn't it mandatory for all clubs to allow opposition media to do their jobs? Twisted Evil
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:07 pm

Luton Roman wrote:Website worth a look for visiting fans. Segregation in place, can't use clubhouse, advised to use pubs elsewhere, tickets cheaper if bought in advance, £22 match day v £20 in advance for adults  concessions £2 less.
Gerry. I think that might be last years prices. For our game it's £20 adults. £18 'old gits', with a £2 deduction for buying on line before midnight on Friday....so £16 for us oldies.
You are correct Wetherspoons is no longer open although there is still a pub there run by another company.
We are stopping off en route at Cricklewood and going to the Beaten Docket Wetherspoons which is close to the mainline Cricklewood Station.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:50 pm

kermit wrote:
Luton Roman wrote:Website worth a look for visiting fans. Segregation in place, can't use clubhouse, advised to use pubs elsewhere, tickets cheaper if bought in advance, £22 match day v £20 in advance for adults  concessions £2 less.
Gerry. I think that might be last years prices. For our game it's £20 adults. £18 'old gits', with a £2 deduction for buying on line before midnight on Friday....so £16 for us oldies.
You are correct Wetherspoons is no longer open although there is still a pub there run by another company.
We are stopping off en route at Cricklewood and going to the Beaten Docket Wetherspoons which is close to the mainline Cricklewood Station.

Ah, you're right I didn't click through to the pay process. Better
though I'm only paying £25 for Lutins first match v Burnley.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Aug 03, 2024 2:17 pm

Beau Nash wrote:

Other than BW which club did the same last season, or was it previous seasons?   scratch

Why isn't it mandatory for all clubs to allow opposition media to do their jobs?  Twisted Evil

I'm informed that the vast majority of clubs are very accommodating to BCR which is good to hear as I'm sure we are equally welcoming at TP. Unfortunately the same apparently doesn't apply with the filming - all credit to Dave for his efforts when facing difficulties!
I guess Borehamwood are just following the trend of other former NL clubs when dropping down to our level...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Sat Aug 03, 2024 7:46 pm

comrade powell wrote:I guess Borehamwood are just following the trend of other former NL clubs when dropping down to our level...

When in Rome... Rolling Eyes
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:41 pm

No segregation and club house open to all.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Fri Aug 09, 2024 5:21 pm

Very confusing. The latest post on their website states that segregation is in place, then a little later says there is no segregation and the club house is open to both sets of fans.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-steve Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:44 pm

That's more like it - if a little late in the day.
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Sat Aug 10, 2024 8:22 am

https://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co.uk/uncategorized/ticket-info-bath-city-h

Extracts from the website:

"SEGREGATION:  There will be segregation in place for home and visiting supporters for this fixture."

"CLUB HOUSE USAGE:  Due to no segregation being in place for this fixture, the Glass House will be open for both home and away supporters. We encourage both sets of supporters to enjoy the excellent facilities on offer at Meadow Park."

For anyone attending I would advise copying these bits (with the website link) onto your mobile thingy (if you have one) and show it to any BW official who will probably be as confused as you are... cyclops scratch

Hope to see reports of how this pans out on BCR this afternoon? study
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sat Aug 10, 2024 11:44 am

The website now says home fans only for the bar. What an absolute shambles. Glad I didn’t go.

Ashley

Midsomer-steve likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:10 pm

Since 0822 hours TODAY the BW website has been changed to:

CLUB HOUSE USAGE:
"Due to segregation being in place for this fixture, the Glass House will be open exclusively to home supporters."

Shambolic management!
I wouldn't be surprised if City supporters are "kettled"?  Mad
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazzer Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:11 pm

Clearly they don’t trust their own supporters!

Mazzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Sat Aug 10, 2024 6:34 pm

I hear they charged BCR to broadcast. Is this correct?

Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:10 pm

Ashley wrote:The website now says home fans only for the bar. What an absolute shambles. Glad I didn’t go.

It is what it is, good turn out from City fans, decent performance from the team given injuries before and during the game. Wood will be up there on physicality and depth alone. Good defensive performance but we lacked anyone holding the ball up, a Cody figure. Tough debut for Fisher, Sol showed flashes, but now that's out the way move on to more possession, create chances, score goals and win some points.

Luton Roman

comrade powell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:11 pm

Digger wrote:I hear they charged BCR to broadcast.  Is this correct?

£60 I heard. We didn't pay the £100 to video.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:22 pm

What a bunch of knobs

Digger

Beau Nash and Midsomer-steve like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Aug 10, 2024 10:46 pm

A very nice ground with many changes since our last visit and an excellent pitch. But that’s about the only positives about the place which has replaced Havant as a trip to get out of the way as early as possible. Those who dream of promotion should bear in mind that this ‘welcome’ is standard in the NL.

Yes, considering the number of key players unavailable and the serious looking injury I thought we did well to hold them to the one goal. And a special mention for Morgan, who looked out of his depth twelve months ago but was my MoM today.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Beau Nash, Midsomer-steve, Luton Roman and Paul1978 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-steve Sun Aug 11, 2024 2:26 am

Mazzer wrote:Clearly they don’t trust their own supporters!

That does seem to be the case, going by the few home fans that we managed to talk to whilst there. They cannot understand their management's stand on segregation, and about not allowing us into their bar. Probably the attendance yesterday reflected this.
I believe they are not a wealthy Club, but they are going to lose a lot of revenue from away supporters who will now spend their monies on food and drink at nearby pubs, and miss out on thousands of pounds across the whole season due to their non-social policies Their fans are fine, as are their players no doubt, but their management are simply a bunch of knobheads.

If they continue with their inane policies, then they are on a quick route to extinction!
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

Beau Nash, Paul1978, Mazzer and Kieron75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:51 am

Midsomer-steve wrote:
Mazzer wrote:Clearly they don’t trust their own supporters!

That does seem to be the case, going by the few home fans that we managed to talk to whilst there. They cannot understand their management's  stand on segregation, and about not allowing us into their bar. Probably the attendance yesterday reflected this.
I believe they are not a wealthy Club, but they are going to lose a lot of revenue from away supporters who will now spend their monies on food and drink at nearby pubs, and miss out on thousands of pounds across the whole season due to their non-social policies Their fans are fine, as are their players no doubt, but their management are simply a bunch of knobheads.

If they continue with their inane policies, then they are on a quick route to extinction!

As long as their owner Danny Hunter keeps pumping money in they will be OK.

Haven't seen attendance figure, and they must have an away fans number.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next