Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New signings and shirt sponsor

+12
Roy D Hacksaw
PSJRoman
BenE
Paul1978
Luton Roman
Peter Newman
Beau Nash
Steve Whites Missus
SteveBradley
2weirdtown
comrade powell
LB
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New signings and shirt sponsor - Page 2 Empty Re: New signings and shirt sponsor

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:44 am

Steve Whites Missus wrote:

Apparently for the back of the shirt, and I suppose the usual hoardings etc.

Phew!

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

New signings and shirt sponsor - Page 2 Empty Re: New signings and shirt sponsor

Post by 2weirdtown Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:45 am

I see we have signed yet another double barrel, albeit on the backroom staff!
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:55 am

We’ll need a bigger dugout!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:10 pm

We will soon have more backroom staff than players!

LB

comrade powell and Beau Nash like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:23 pm

comrade powell wrote:We’ll need a bigger dugout!

2weirdtown wrote:I see we have signed yet another double barrel, albeit on the backroom staff!

v Cheltenham:

Where did they all sit scratch  - City’s Line-Up: Wiles-Richards, Raynes, Grimes, Parselle (c), Wanjau-Smith, Humphrey-Ewers, Clark, Frear, Trialist A, Trialist B, Trialist C. Subs: Greenslade, Sardo, Trialist D, Trialist E, Wilson, Trialist F, Sweeten, Trialist G, Morgan. - a lot of, I make it 23, names;  with 11 on the pitch, 12 + the coaching staff in the dug out. Shocked Very Happy lol!
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:00 pm

Promotion a given
😁
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:35 pm

comrade powell wrote:We’ll need a bigger dugout!
Not if Jerry spends his usual banned quota in the stand

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:00 am

Based on yesterday there seemed grounds for initial optimism that our midfield area might be stronger, particularly with Russe still to return and the hopes that Jordan Tilson will be a success.

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:27 am

It does seem we have strengthened in key areas. We missed JT goals and service 2nd half of last season. Midfield resilience and service will be vital. Cooke and Russe essential parts. Clark looked good on the early season pitches last season, hopefully stronger this season to dw the softer ones.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Tue Jul 23, 2024 5:57 pm

Another "new bloke" - https://x.com/urfreshtv_sport/status/1764690280781898073/video/2 - good luck to him and as it is a big step up patience may be required from the Roman legions.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:03 pm

The last bloke we had from North Leigh called Jordan did alright for us; so fingers crossed.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:29 am

LB wrote:
SteveBradley wrote:Is there any more news on the shirt sponsor?

At the Supporters Society meeting last week Paul Williams said that the deal is for two years and the new sponsor will be announced in the next week or so.

So it's Bath Spa Uni
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:43 am

Ok, who chose the away kit? Bleeding awful gov'nor.

Digger

Steve Whites Missus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:53 am

I miss the community feel of the front of shirt draw. Realise financially the club must be doing better, but BSU as a sponsor leaves me yawning.

Steve Whites Missus

Digger likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Mon Jul 29, 2024 11:39 am

Digger wrote:Ok, who chose the away kit?  Bleeding awful gov'nor.

It's bang on the same as AEK Boco from the Western League. Still, as least we've had a decent run of away kits, so we shouldn't grumble too much.

The home shirt is pretty nice though!

Roy D Hacksaw

Digger likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by threeday week Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:32 pm

Digger wrote:Ok, who chose the away kit?  Bleeding awful gov'nor.
I quite liked Port vale 's

threeday week

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:49 pm

comrade powell wrote:
LB wrote:
SteveBradley wrote:Is there any more news on the shirt sponsor?

At the Supporters Society meeting last week Paul Williams said that the deal is for two years and the new sponsor will be announced in the next week or so.

So it's Bath Spa Uni

BUT, will the numbers on the players we clear for the commentators and fans?

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:57 pm

I’m sure the Club’s coffers are benefitting from the sponsorship and sales of the latest kits but as the figures are never released we don’t know by how much. I wonder how the Uni really gain from this but presumably they’ve done their sums and I know I’m not part of the market targeted when new shirts are designed but the whole thing looks naff. But if fans are happy to spend their money every year on the latest release then fair enough. There was a time when clubs promised to keep to the same kit for a couple of seasons at least so the annual change smacks of exploitation. There’s at least one county in cricket who have gone so far down this road that they have separate batting and fielding shirts…  Shocked
comrade powell
comrade powell

Digger likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Mon Jul 29, 2024 3:07 pm

comrade powell wrote:I’m sure the Club’s coffers are benefitting from the sponsorship and sales of the latest kits but as the figures are never released we don’t know by how much. I wonder how the Uni really gain from this but presumably they’ve done their sums and I know I’m not part of the market targeted when new shirts are designed but the whole thing looks naff. But if fans are happy to spend their money every year on the latest release then fair enough. There was a time when clubs promised to keep to the same kit for a couple of seasons at least so the annual change smacks of exploitation. There’s at least one county in cricket who have gone so far down this road that they have separate batting and fielding shirts…  Shocked

Agree; apart from the last sentence if it is...lol! but agree that as well if it is not? Twisted Evil
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:18 pm

Who choses the kits?

Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:39 pm

I guess it’s chosen from whatever the supplier has in their catalogue. Fans used to vote on away kit options. Seem to remember JG saying in an interview a couple of years ago that the squad also had input.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:50 pm

If you are going to change the design of your shirt every year then odds are every now and again you come up with a duff one.
I think the away one is a bit of a dud but the home is pretty good so 50% success counts as a pass.
Not that I take any notice of the kit when we are playing.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-steve Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:26 pm

Agree with your first sentence Ben, because, in my view, although the away design looks passable, the home shirt design looks awful - and we are in danger of losing our identity of 'stripes' if we wear this excuse of a shirt. The 'ghost' badge within the very broad black bands look ridiculous.
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

comrade powell and Beau Nash like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:42 am

Its what happens on the pitch for me, could play in green and white if it meant promotion or Cup run.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:04 am

I wonder which of those three will happen first.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next