Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Torquay Match

+11
Colin Voutt
Beau Nash
nwatson
Peter Newman
Luton Roman
comrade powell
SteveBradley
Ashley
Steve Whites Missus
Manchester Romans
2weirdtown
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Torquay Match - Page 2 Empty Re: Torquay Match

Post by BenE Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:18 am

Agree we aren't creating the chances we were earlier in the season when Cooke and Wilson both looked dangerous. Obviously we miss Thomas and Russe but a number of players looked very leggy second half and our passing went astray, despite our overall dominance over a side that seemed very limited. So at 1-0 they were always in with a chance.
Jack was superb but so was Busse.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:32 am

Agree about the tiredness. Has been noticeable for several games and underlines the lack of options available. At least the players have no midweek game coming up. Unless both 6th and 7th make the playoffs final I don’t see any advantage in which of the two positions we finish except that the team in 7th gets an extra day to prepare for the eliminator match.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by James SLO Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:05 pm

Great afternoon. Admired the confidence of our younger fans chanting 'can we play you every week?' in the 85th minute whilst only 1-0 up!

James SLO

Roy D Hacksaw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:24 pm

Only thing disappointing yesterday was not breaking the 3k attendance. But that shows how far we have progressed.
Have to give credit to Torquay fans for turning up in good numbers despite seeming to have been disregarded by their own club and the National League blazers. Fortunately we only suffered from the latter element.

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveBradley Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:37 pm

Peter Newman wrote:Only thing disappointing yesterday was not breaking the 3k attendance. But that shows how far we have progressed.
Have to give credit to Torquay fans for turning up in good numbers despite seeming to have been disregarded by their own club and  the National League blazers. Fortunately we only suffered from the latter element.

Was very impressed by their 700+ turnout, after all they've had to endure. The whole fixture had a much less edgy feel to it than the 2019 match. Maybe Torquay fans are coming to terms with their lot as a lower non-league club?

Had hoped for a bigger crowd too, but 2,700 was still pretty good. Finishing the season with an average attendance of just under 1,500 shows how far we've come from the heady days of 8yrs ago when attracting 1,000 average to fixtures felt like a stretchy ambition.  Yesterday's crowd had 2,000 there to cheer on ourselves (give or take the odd neutral/groundhopper). So the challenge moving forwards will be how do we connvert more of that 2K crowd into more regular visitors to TP. A 2,000 average crowd at this level feels hopeful currently. But then so did just 1,000 a few years ago.

Full credit to everyone involved with the club over the last few years for helping to get attendances to their highest level since 1972 (I think that's what the tanoy announcement said anyway).

SteveBradley

Beau Nash and Mazzer like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by City 'til we're relegated Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:05 pm

Our average crowd 1977-78 was 1,600.

City 'til we're relegated

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:30 pm

Our highest attendance total since 1970.

34,374 total

I assume we had 21 home league games then instead of 23, but still a remarkable aggregate. Who would have thought we'd have these figures a few years ago. Bath is buzzing and word gets around about us. In pubs after Torquay game loads of people said great 1 - 0 win but they don't watch us live. Massive potential for even bigger crowds. Love it.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:22 pm

If I had a pound for every time I've been asked "how did City get on" by people I never EVER see at a match........
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:23 pm

2weirdtown wrote:If I had a pound for every time I've been asked "how did City get on" by people I never EVER see at a match........

They all know you are fan!!!!

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveBradley Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:45 pm

2weirdtown wrote:If I had a pound for every time I've been asked "how did City get on" by people I never EVER see at a match........

At least they take an interest Very Happy

SteveBradley

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:34 pm

sorry mean't they knew the result of game but don't go. so they clearly interest in city. hopefully some how the club can get these type of people going. like the snowball effect we are currently experiencing. the snow ball has the potential to grow. once you develop feelings for the stripes you have those feelings for life.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2