Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Torquay game

+3
BenE
City 'til we're relegated
comrade powell
7 posters

Go down

Torquay game Empty Torquay game

Post by comrade powell Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:42 am

The Club’s Facebook page described it as pulsating. Can’t agree with that although, after we scored, the last few minutes  certainly saw us making a fist of it and we could have grabbed a point. I thought we were really sloppy in the first half and seemed content to pass the ball endlessly without any real urgency. The bloke next to me remarked it was a reminder of how England played at the Euros. We looked better with three at the back and most of the substitutions were effective. Hopefully Raynes will be back very soon - that nervy first half showed how integral he is to the team.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Torquay game Empty Re: Torquay game

Post by City 'til we're relegated Wed Aug 21, 2024 11:33 am

We looked so much better going forward than when we play like England.

City 'til we're relegated

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Aug 21, 2024 12:57 pm

I think it showed that we cannot have a back four of four CBs. The obvious solution was to go to a back three. Plus putting wanjau-smith in the middle rather than out wide.
I think Torquay scored from their only effort second half.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Wed Aug 21, 2024 3:04 pm

comrade powell wrote:The Club’s Facebook page described it as pulsating. Can’t agree with that although, after we scored, the last few minutes  certainly saw us making a fist of it and we could have grabbed a point. I thought we were really sloppy in the first half and seemed content to pass the ball endlessly without any real urgency. The bloke next to me remarked it was a reminder of how England played at the Euros. We looked better with three at the back and most of the substitutions were effective. Hopefully Raynes will be back very soon - that nervy first half showed how integral he is to the team.

Agreed.

The ref missed a lot of Torquay's niggly puhes & shirt-pulling but I am not suggesting we deserved anything from the game, although we gifted them their first goal.

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Wed Aug 21, 2024 3:46 pm

From what I've seen of Fisher, he'd look out of his depth in a car park puddle. The first half was very much England Euro form only to be matched by the announcers enthusiasm. 🤣

Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Wed Aug 21, 2024 5:07 pm

4 Centre backs in the back 4 always going struggle. Is what it is. Were no Man City with endless cover in all positions. I thought it was a great end to end game. Could easily have won. Wilson chance first half was big game changer. We put many balls across the 6 yard box begging to be tapped in. Torquay keeper was decent too. Need Raynes, Greenslade, Russe back. Zac Smith out for the season. Not sure who he was but a little winger came on 2nd half. Looked class. Up the Romans.
Paul1978
Paul1978

2weirdtown likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Aug 21, 2024 6:46 pm

I presume you mean Jordan Alves. I don't think he is that little. But Sweeten also came on and he is relatively short. Or you could even mean Wanjau-Smith who was anonymous first half.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Aug 21, 2024 6:52 pm

Digger wrote:From what I've seen of Fisher, he'd look out of his depth in a car park puddle.  The first half was very much England Euro form only to be matched by the announcers enthusiasm. 🤣
Wilson has been terrific so it is a shame he has had so little support from either Fisher or Davis. But from what we saw second half Wanjau-Smith is his obvious foil and ceetainly enjoyed himself more in that position. First half he was auditioning for a role in a Ronaldo movie with all his arm throwing.
BenE
BenE

comrade powell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Thu Aug 22, 2024 11:33 am

BenE wrote:I presume you mean Jordan Alves. I don't think he is that little. But Sweeten also came on and he is relatively short. Or you could even mean Wanjau-Smith who was anonymous first half.
im not sure on new players yet. takes a while to put a face to a name. wasnt wanjau smith, was definaltey a sub.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Thu Aug 22, 2024 12:45 pm

Paul1978 wrote:
BenE wrote:I presume you mean Jordan Alves. I don't think he is that little. But Sweeten also came on and he is relatively short. Or you could even mean Wanjau-Smith who was anonymous first half.
im not sure on new players yet. takes a while to put a face to a name. wasnt wanjau smith, was definaltey a sub.

No! He played the whole match.

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Thu Aug 22, 2024 8:48 pm

Did he touch the ball first half? I guess it was an ironic comment.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down