Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farnborough

+5
Mazzer
Luton Roman
Paul1978
Ashley
Digger
9 posters

Go down

Farnborough  Empty Farnborough

Post by Digger Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:43 pm

A silly comments referencing Gill out. One pee poor performance and we're back to this crap. You do realise the club has ZERO money to pay off a manager.

Digger

comrade powell and Beau Nash like this post

Back to top Go down

Farnborough  Empty Re: Farnborough

Post by Ashley Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:20 pm

Some huge over reactions to one, admittedly abysmal, performance. It’s been a very rare event this season and all teams have days like that sometimes in all sports. An opportunity to put it right Tuesday.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:50 pm

Worst we played this season by a country mile. But never due to lack of trying. A 46 game league campaign is ridiculous for level 6 of English football. Plus cup games. Probably 55 games estimate. We are knackered if Russe is out for the season. Irreplaceable he is. Late k8ck off would have knocked a few of the gate due to the rigmarole of not knowing the precise kick off time. The local boozers made a killing with 2 extra pints for the city fans each before 4pm. We gotta dig deep more than ever Tuesday. I guess Richard chin out now for season. We finished the game with 9 men. I didn't know that till the last minute. No idea who else went off injured. Dig deep lads and back the boys Tuesday. UTC
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:32 am

Yes, easy to over react, but I think it was the lack of tempo, pace and press that was disappointing. Way too passive 1st half perhaps the efforts of Tuesday. Alabi needed to support Wilson and provide physicality up front. If Cody still out Tuesday then front foot approach needed. Starting a more rested Yeboah and even Vassel. 3 pts then and the mood changes and then ready for the Chelmsford challenge.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazzer Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:32 am

Raynes went off with a head injury, he looked concussed. Cody was still limping yesterday so would be a doubt for Tuesday. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for them and for Luke. Agree about the shithousery - the two neck-high tackles would have been red cards in the oval game.

Mazzer

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:57 am

After a very pedestrian start by both teams I thought that the game improved but it was no surprise when the visitors scored and deserved a second with that incredible overhead effort. Reminded me of Dean Birkby’s award winner all those years ago. 
Once the second was converted it was game over as Farnborough were far too savvy to give us anything. 
I hope others’ optimism about the latest recruits are realised as they don’t look ready for anything but short cameos to me. We certainly cannot afford to miss Russe for several games.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:40 am

Yes as poor as we played first half, the subs were worse. I understand Tom Smith got a knock first half too. So it will be walking wounded on Tuesday.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:40 am

Plus Lines is ill. Could have done with his calmness yesterday. Hope he is recovered for Tuesday.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:31 pm

Vassell needs to put in a shift. Not convinced by him. Hopefully he'll score now. Were clearly going to have a few out Tuesday but we dig deep. We are going to be physically and mentally exhausted. So that's another hurdle to overcome. A few sour bitter comments on social media. Laugh it off they been gagging to have a pop since WSM 6 2 defeat. Sad acts.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:11 pm

BenE wrote:Plus Lines is ill. Could have done with his calmness yesterday. Hope he is recovered for Tuesday.
Agreed but he has yet to start in the League.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Micawber Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:32 pm

Dyer could I suppose take Russe's role in midfield as he's played there before for us. Is Ben Morgan able to be recalled from his loan spell at Havant ?

Micawber

Paul1978 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:54 pm

Micawber wrote:Dyer could I suppose take Russe's role in midfield as he's played there before for us. Is Ben Morgan able to be recalled from his loan spell at Havant ?
good shout. Batten a top quality centre back so no need to recall Morgan. Save on wages.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:47 am

Paul1978 wrote:Worst we played this season by a country mile. But never due to lack of trying. A 46 game league campaign is ridiculous for level 6 of English football. Plus cup games. Probably 55 games estimate.

Agree 200% Too much looking at £££!!!!!

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down