Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slough Postponement

+14
davebart
pete mac
Paul1978
Beau Nash
A36
Steve Whites Missus
Luton Roman
Peter Newman
BenE
Ashley
comrade powell
Dave
2weirdtown
Midsomer-chris
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Slough Postponement - Page 2 Empty Re: Slough Postponement

Post by pete mac Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:30 pm

Who is he Paul?

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:31 pm

Having seen the JG interview I see the Fletcher incident was raised but as an afterthought really. The main concern appears to be that the players got cold having stood about with the risk then of injury. Of course the ref may have been feeling a bit stiff himself.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:26 pm

pete mac wrote:Who is he Paul?
an annoying idiot who knows everything about the whole world. claims he has a snitch in the camp and is very bitter towards bath city. basically a very sour man. constantly tries to upset the apple cart and as form has been good he's instanly instigated about the postponement.not going to air his on a public forum pete and am keeping my guess too myself. too much on the grapevine talk at football clubs. grapevine ha ha ha. heard a lot of that earlier in the season about our manager falling out with players who are still here having great season.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by davebart Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:39 pm

Please note that the forum is a place for discussion and debate, not just to agree with a concensus.
While A-discrete-Roman has a forthright approach, he has not been abusive, and his viewpoint is valid.
We would hope that posters respect the views of others and do not make it personal.
davebart
davebart

comrade powell, Beau Nash, Midsomer-chris and Paul1978 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:06 pm

davebart wrote:Please note that the forum is a place for discussion and debate, not just to agree with a concensus.
While A-discrete-Roman has a forthright approach, he has not been abusive, and his viewpoint is valid.
We would hope that posters respect the views of others and do not make it personal.
i apologise, didn't mean idiot just heat of the moment thing, we all have different views as were all different human beings, i just get angry at people trying to upset the applecart all the time, the tables very very tight and we need to unite to finish the last 12 games strongly. i actually like discrete roman as a person, just totally disagree with his football opinions. i know him out of football. so if your reading this discreet roman nothing personal, just windes me up. perhaps i should leave this forum if get angry or stay calm. we all have passion so sorry to get angry. edit, why is he a guest now? I see he been a guest since Sunday morning? can he be invited back? internet a different world but i know discreet roman would say his opinion to someones face unlike 90% of keyboard warriors.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by davebart Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:46 pm

He has deleted his account so would need to set up a new account.

Paul1978 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SASCHA Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:56 pm

Any highlights of this game apart from the ones from Slough

SASCHA

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:48 am

18 days on and nothing from the NL? Presumably they've received the ref's report by now...
If they order the game to be replayed presumably it will be on the last Tuesday of the season as that's the only free midweek remaining for both clubs.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:51 pm

Isn't it likely that Slough protested the postponement and the authorities are considering that.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:05 pm

It's possibly even more likely that the committee of the National League only meet once a month and haven't considered it yet.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:16 pm

Good point, well made.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:42 am

kermit wrote:It's possibly even more likely that the committee of the National League only meet once a month and haven't considered it yet.

That often?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:10 pm

I see tonight's Taunton v Slough match has been called off. Bound to have some impact now on when/if our game takes place.
Can't see any reason for it not to be played. Let's face it if the league were to say the game was regarded as completed we could legally argue that we were unfairly penalised by not playing the same amount of minutes over the season as other clubs. Imagine the situation where we missed out on the play-offs on goal difference of 1 goal!

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:43 pm

Following last night's postponement at Taunton, the Slough website lists the rearranged fixture as TBC. They do not mention the rearrangement of the game at home to Bath, so I would suggest they are still insisting that the match is awarded to them.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am

Slough are now heading to Taunton on Thursday 11 April, so assuming our game there is to be replayed this could be on Tuesday 16th.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:25 pm

With today's weather and the upcoming forecast I think there is a fair chance we will not be playing Taunton next Monday.
Surely the league need to step in and insist Taunton's remaining home games are played on schedule even if they have to be moved to another ground with an artificial surface. There may need to be an arrangement that games can be played on grounds that do not meet full NLS status requirements.
The integrity of the league is impacted if Taunton are playing 5 games in the last week as some of their opponents may gain a benefit or perhaps be impacted negatively.

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:18 pm

With the Weymouth v Yeovil game being abandoned for a similar reason then the league are in an interesting position. I have a limited legal knowledge but it could be argued that supporters have been spending money to follow a team on the assumption there is a certain number of matches left to play and points to be gained.

If the league were to decide the score in the abandoned game becomes the final result then could supporters claim if they had known this from the start they would have made different financial decisions regarding attending subsequent matches home or away.

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:14 pm

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:56 pm

This is becoming more bizarre!  Perhaps Slough have written it badly but it implies that the FA sanctioning gives the league authority to decide the game does not need to be replayed.
So what happens if  we win our appeal against the  FA sanctioning i Ans what happens regarding the Weymouth match.

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:02 pm

comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:14 pm

Interesting that the result stands but the goals aren't included in the revised table and Slough have effectively won 0-0!. If the final places in the playoffs were to go down to goal difference then we actually have a two goal advantage compared with the score from the abandoned game standing.

The wording of the decision does rather suggest that the outcome of the charges against Jerry and the club are a foregone conclusion if they are the basis for it being made. In the, I admit very unlikely, event that they are cleared, would the league have to come up with another reason for their decision? In view of the way the hearings that took place during Covid went, when some clubs (including City) refused to play, I don't think we should hold out too much hope.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:34 pm

We've been penalised a point and 2 goals off our goal difference from the inevitable 4-4 draw. If anything, Slough should be relieved that the abandonment saved them the embarrassment of throwing away a 4-0 lead at home.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:38 pm

Ashley wrote: If anything, Slough should be relieved that the abandonment saved them the embarrassment of throwing away a 4-0 lead at home.
I will leave it to you to persuade them of that!

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:52 pm

LB wrote:
Ashley wrote: If anything, Slough should be relieved that the abandonment saved them the embarrassment of throwing away a 4-0 lead at home.
I will leave it to you to persuade them of that!

Slough Postponement - Page 2 1f604

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:11 pm

Who knows what might have happened if the game had resumed after the incident. We often see games changing drastically after the ht break (as happened at Slough!) and their manager may have got them to control the game again. Unfortunately we’ll never know.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next