Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hemel match last night

4 posters

Go down

Hemel match last night Empty Hemel match last night

Post by comrade powell Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:50 pm

Midweek away games have become something of a turnoff for me, especially in cold weather like last night, but as I was already in London I caught the train out to Hemel. 
As the website report mentioned, a game we should have won but could easily have lost at the end. For a 0-0 an entertaining game. Our passing game certainly looks good on 3G. Thomas as usual our most dangerous threat and I think it was he who hit the post in first half with one of his characteristic shots from distance. But I thought that both he and Clark were guilty of some poor delivery from wings although we went close on several other occasions. I stood on the side but the 30 or so City fans behind the goal were very critical of the ref who did let a lot go. From my view Raynes could have seen red along with their bloke for the  off the ball incident. They hit the bar right at the end and Buse made a great save so no complaints about the result.

Last edited by comrade powell on Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
comrade powell
comrade powell

daven likes this post

Back to top Go down

Hemel match last night Empty Re: Hemel match last night

Post by daven Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:14 pm

A very good report - perhaps Elliot Frear should have come on. I was surprised that not many comments on here about last night's match.

daven

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:14 pm

Agree that some of our crossing could have been better but it was a view of a number of us behind the goal was that Cody Cooke on another night would have made a better contact and scored from a couple of them.
We dominated the game but without scoring you become liable to the sucker punch later but fortunately we managed to avoid that happening. Football wise I think we are looking at 2 points dropped last night.

As for the referee she seemed to be struggling to keep up with the pace of the game and it seemed pot luck whether she deemed a challenge fair or a foul. I think the Hemel no 4 started to take advantage of this aspect and seemed to be getting more mouthy as the game progressed.

As for the Joe Raynes incident he is not the sort of player to instigate anything untoward so am assuming his involvement was in retaliation. Again the referee seemed not sure what happened despite speaking to an assistant.

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:32 pm

Thanks for the comments posted on here. I always look forward to hearing from those who were at matches.
Interesting that the comments on the ref are similar to those on Weymouth's forum regarding the ref - also female - after their game against Truro. Sounds as if both refs got little help/support from their 'assistants' when things got 'hectic'.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:37 pm

[quote="comrade powell"]Midweek away games have become something of a turnoff for me, especially in cold weather like last night, but as I was already in London I caught the train out to Hemel. 
[size=21]

Won't see you at the Yeovil game then Martin!
🤔
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:47 pm

Definitely at the home match but I’m praying that Wrexham hammer them in the Cup so our visit in January is not rescheduled!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down