Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wealdstone away moved to following night

5 posters

Go down

Wealdstone away moved to following night Empty Wealdstone away moved to following night

Post by comrade powell Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:11 am

Because of the original date clashing with England match. Are there people still interested in watching them?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Wealdstone away moved to following night Empty Re: Wealdstone away moved to following night

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:36 am

Who, Wealdstone or England?  What a Face 
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Wealdstone away moved to following night Empty Re: Wealdstone away moved to following night

Post by comrade powell Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:27 am

Wealdstone must have a low opinion of their fans if they think they'd still prefer to watch their national embarrassment after what happened in the WC.
I see the decision to restrict most internationals to Fridays and Tuesdays was far too sensible and the Euro qualifiers are scheduled for just about every day of the week. Looking at England's dates, it looks like only one other clashes with a city match - although it's a Saturday, hopefully ours will be safe as the other one's ko is 1800.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:59 am

Notwithstanding all that, I think our lads would take the extra day's rest, so good news.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:43 am

I think that as the feeling when it was suggested.

And I guess England fans are no different to club supporters (given there is obviously a large crossover) - you still want to watch your team even if they didn't do as well as you hoped, eg. I didn't stop wanting to watch us after our Conf Prem relegation season (when you could argue we were more 'embarrassing' than England were in the World Cup).

And while it seems odd that the England game is on a Monday, surely this is a better choice as only a few clubs play their midweek games on this day? And as Wealdstone have shown it's simple to move an occasional game to the next day.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:43 am

I certainly don't think we were anything like as embarrassing in that 2nd BSP season as what we watched recently in brazil! and yes, I'm sure our club were only too pleased to agree to a change of date - I think it's very odd to have Mondays as your midweek day. My point was simply surprise that Wealdstone were worried that their fans would chose England on the box, with the memories of the WC fiasco so fresh, over watching their newly promoted team play the title favourites!

And before you come on here the morning after the match, assuming my absence at Wealdstone was down to my watching my beloved England, I'm away on holiday in early September!  Laughing
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:50 am

Why was it on a Monday in the first place.

Surely even if there were only say 25 who stayed at home to watch England it would be worth the club moving the game.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:52 am

comrade powell wrote:I'm away on holiday in early September!  Laughing

in Switzerland?  Wink 

(where England are playing just in case you didn't know!)

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:55 am

Were England embarrassing or just out of their depth?

Pretty much as we were in that second season. What did for us though was that the form continued into the next season. I think we lost a lot of fans then.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:32 pm

yuffie wrote:
comrade powell wrote:I'm away on holiday in early September!  Laughing

in Switzerland?  Wink 

(where England are playing just in case you didn't know!)

ask mr giles, my travel adviser! but rest assured I will be frantically trying to tune in to townsend and tyldesley giving their unbiased take on the match!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down