Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City 3 Portishead 0

3 posters

Go down

City 3 Portishead 0 Empty City 3 Portishead 0

Post by BenE Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:16 am

A huge crowd of 476 saw City carry on where they left off on Saturday - spurning chance after chance - with Fletcher, Cooke and Smith guilty of missing some absolute sitters. Each eventually got on the score sheet but Freer put in dozens of crosses with only one being converted.
But it was good to see Smith get one at last. Hopefully he can step up from here.
Defensively we were untroubled and these youngsters have gelled pretty quickly.
It was a good work out for what will be a much sterner test this weekend.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

City 3 Portishead 0 Empty Re: City 3 Portishead 0

Post by 2weirdtown Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:42 pm

That is a really good turnout for a Somerset Cup match. As many as a midweek league match in recent years. Hopefully this is a yardstick that shows the progress behind the scenes in raising attendances.
I note a lot of grumbles on the Weymouth forum as they are struggling to break 1,000 at home games given they are in the National League. Reminds me of the recent past on here when there was much debate on this subject. So well done to everyone involved in boosting attendances at TP.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

comrade powell and Luton Roman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:29 pm

It's called the Premier Cup for a reason folks, guaranteed entertainment

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:25 pm

In 2013 we attracted the same attendance for a Tuesday November league meeting with Sutton United.

Big thanks to Alex Chapman of Portishead Town. He played the second half in defence, that afternoon he sent over information on every single player for our commentary which was really useful. Far better than what clubs used to send me when I used to edit the programme, too.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down