Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bath City v Chelmsford City Goals

+6
comrade powell
RUDI GULITS
danver
Corstonian
yuffie
Skyblue
10 posters

Go down

Bath City v Chelmsford City Goals Empty Bath City v Chelmsford City Goals

Post by Skyblue Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:56 am

Have started to put them on YouTube
https://youtu.be/502X7U8mlho

Skyblue

Back to top Go down

Bath City v Chelmsford City Goals Empty Re: Bath City v Chelmsford City Goals

Post by Skyblue Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:41 pm

Skyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:57 pm

great stuff

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Corstonian Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:53 pm

I hadn't realised until seeing the clip just how well Pratt did with the last goal. Two deft touches while running at full speed, strength to avoid the efforts to pull him back and/or tap his ankles, and a composed finish worthy of a much higher grade of football. Well deserved because I thought he was outstanding in overall play yesterday.

Corstonian

Back to top Go down

Post by danver Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:57 pm

Pratt was my man of the match, when we went down to ten men, he occupied two of their defenders constantly, Mellor seems to have an attitude problem, he should be a very good 'keeper, but his decision making is a bit suspect, and quite a few of the goals we've conceded, have flown past a static goalie. He needs some one to one coaching from somebody like Steve Perrin, and to cut out the tantrums.

danver

Back to top Go down

Post by RUDI GULITS Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:59 pm

Geat footage.
Pratts was defo best of the 4 goals
also shows Stearn coming of the bench onto the pitch to join in wich was mentioned in another topic.
do not think it is a bookable offence as you see games on tv where some of the staff on the bench coming on the pitch to celebrate and nothing is done
RUDI GULITS
RUDI GULITS

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:29 pm

no, in those instances the scorer leaves the pitch to celebrate with those behind the touchline. haven't you noticed subs and physios getting booked for coming on to the pitch before the ref has given permission?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:49 pm

i noticed stearn come on to the pitch at the time and commented i was surprised the referee didn't at least speak to him - the video appears to show the linesman realised what was going on

and i can't remember mellor having any real previous for reacting like he did, which considering yesterday was his 73rd game hardly shows he has an attitude problem

watching pratt's goal again does show how good it was - you get the feeling the defender was expecting him to take it into the corner then the next thing he knows pratt's past him and bearing down on goal

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Peteboa Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:05 pm

Thanks for the vidoes skyblue! Fantastic stuff.  You just gotta love Pratt, such a committed and honest player.

Surely we gonna see at least a handful of the extras return? seems as if the day couldn't have done any better  Very Happy 
Peteboa
Peteboa

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyblue Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:46 pm

"watching pratt's goal again does show how good it was - you get the feeling the defender was expecting him to take it into the corner then the next thing he knows pratt's past him and bearing down on goal"

Couldn't agree more, Pratty was my MOM and has been for many games I've seen this season. Anyone else would have gone down and should have had a penalty but he stayed on his feet and got what he deserved. Always gives 100% and would be the first name on my team sheet.

Skyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-steve Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:11 am

Didn't he do similar in an away game in which we were leading - our management were screaming for him to take it into the corner, but instead he beat the defender, cut right across goal and scored. Brilliant.
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:38 am

Midsomer-steve wrote:Didn't he do similar in an away game in which we were leading - our management were screaming for him to take it into the corner, but instead he beat the defender, cut right across goal and scored. Brilliant.

Yes, Farnborough I believe. One of my favourite goals of the season, more so because it made the last few minutes a lot more comfortable!
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Bath City v Chelmsford City Goals Empty I put the whole game up but not the goals so here it is, well deserved again Pratty.

Post by Skyblue Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:28 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:
Midsomer-steve wrote:Didn't he do similar in an away game in which we were leading - our management were screaming for him to take it into the corner, but instead he beat the defender, cut right across goal and scored. Brilliant.

Yes, Farnborough I believe. One of my favourite goals of the season, more so because it made the last few minutes a lot more comfortable!

Skyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:57 pm

Pratt my MoTM. I noticed the Chelmsford bench having a quiet word to the linesman presumably about Stearn....he just ignored them.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyblue Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:06 pm

Shame he & the ref missed the Chelmsford No 16 elbow Jase in the face.

Skyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:45 pm

Be good to see the whole game. I'll buy a copy if you produce a DVD Skyblue......loads of incident to watch again not least Jason's sending off.......I couldn't see what happened from the Bath end.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down