Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations to the new announcer

+4
announcer_adam
stillmanjunior
kermit
Roy D Hacksaw
8 posters

Go down

Congratulations to the new announcer Empty Congratulations to the new announcer

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:38 pm

I've not seen it mentioned elsewhere, so I'd like to offer a hearty congratulations to the new stadium announcer, who I reckon did a sterling job on Saturday (even if he didn't play Go Bath City, Go!). He kept us all up to date with everything we needed to know in a strong and clear voice, and even paraphrased Junior's traditional stirring call to arms at kick off. And I was so pleased that he carried on the tradition of thanking the away fans - they were already a bit disappointed that a steward didn't let them take their drum into the ground (I know this is a divisive matter, but do we really have an agreement with the local residents that we don't allow drums in the ground? I've never heard that one before!), so it was nice that a solid bunch of fans were appreciated for their long trip.

One thing I would ask him though is to be very aware that when you turn up the quiet PA in the main stand a little, it reaches ear bursting levels of volume on the Pop Side. Indeed, I know I've mentioned this before, but it was possibly the loudest it's ever been on Saturday, and I'm not normally one to baulk at volume. Maybe have someone over there testing it out and giving you signals when you first turn the PA on, sir?

But aside from that, good job whoever you are! It was a great start to the regular gig, and you'll only grow in confidence as you do it!

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Congratulations to the new announcer Empty Re: Congratulations to the new announcer

Post by kermit Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:02 pm

Agree about the very high volume on the Pop Side. Like you Roy, my hearing has suffered from too much live music (in my case I blame Pete Townsend and John Entwistle), but it was far too loud. Lots of people were looking up at the loud speakers although I'm not sure what they thought staring at them would achieve!

Last edited by kermit on Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Congratulations to the new announcer Empty Re: Congratulations to the new announcer

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:34 pm

I spoke to Adam and directed him to this thread. He said he was asked to turn it up as people on the main stand side couldn’t hear. Which is believable as there’s a big discrepancy between the sound on either side, whether it’s more speakers or better quality, I don’t know. The volume controls are amazingly sensitive as well.

Considering I chucked about 100 dos and donts at him I’m relieved to hear he did well. I know he enjoyed it. I might be back for the Concord game to whip you lot back into shape. It felt very weird not being at a home match but something I’ll have to get used to.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:33 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:...there’s a big discrepancy between the sound on either side, whether it’s more speakers or better quality, I don’t know. The volume controls are amazingly sensitive as well.

At the very least, if it's possible, splitting the controls for the main stand and the Pop Side might be worthwhile, if we've got anyone with the ability to do that at the club. It was almost unsafe levels of volume over there on Saturday.

Glad Adam enjoyed it though - he did a good job!

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by announcer_adam Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:13 pm

Thanks all for your feedback. Will do my best to not deafen you this Saturday coming...

announcer_adam

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:54 pm

Fortunately feedback hasn't been a problem!

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Ged Roddy Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:02 am

Sorry, I haven't seen this item until today (Sat 26 Oct).
1. We never allow drums to be brought in, and are very happy for all supporters to yell as loud as possible..
2. I will have a look at the loudspeakers on Monday (28 Oct). In the past, I have installed extra speakers on the popular side, because people said that they couldn't hear! It might be easiest to remove one which is too loud. At the Bath end, there is one area where there are 3 speakers together, so i could try disconnecting one and see if that helps.

Sir Ged Roddy

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:30 am

Sir Ged Roddy wrote:
1. We never allow drums to be brought in

To clarify, the Club's Ground Regulations include...

Fireworks, smoke canisters, knives, bottles, glasses, cans, flags, banners, poles, drums and other similar articles or containers, which might be used as a weapon, are not permitted within the ground

comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodgycarpet Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:11 pm

Love flares and smoke - it was like being at the San Siro against Torquay (well, almost)

Dodgycarpet

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:21 pm

I understand there was an issue last game with the music crackling a bit. It was gradually on its way out when I did the Concord match.

Basically we've got an array of cables from mixer to laptop, but none of them seem to work. I've requested a replacement is bought but I can't do much about it from here. Some we have make the music sound very tinny.

I believe it's a 6.35mm-3.5mm cable like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/6-35mm-POSUGEAR-Gold-Plated-Connector-Housing-Black/dp/B079CFYZMR/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=adaptor+3.5mm+to+1.5mm&qid=1574965029&s=electronics&sr=1-6

In the unlikely event that anyone has one lying around, bring it along Saturday! Otherwise might have to resort to buying one and hoping it solves things.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down