Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poole away

+8
SteveS
yuffie
stillmanjunior
Roy D Hacksaw
Steve Whites Missus
Beau Nash
BenE
SteveBradley
12 posters

Go down

Poole away Empty Poole away

Post by 2weirdtown Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:21 pm

Nearly a faultless away performance apart from missing a couple of sitters of course. Poole score quite freely so were always likely to pinch one.
Very frustrating as we restricted them to few chances.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Poole away Empty Re: Poole away

Post by SteveBradley Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:28 pm

All the new teams are proving to be a surprise package so far this season : with Poole, Hungerford and Hampton & Richmond all in the top 6 so far. So much for Ebbsfleet !

The games against Whitehawk and Oxford give us a chance to bank a few wins and get our confidence back up before we have to travel to H&R for what will probably be a tough one.

SteveBradley

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:03 pm

If you don't put your chances away you will inevitably pay a penalty.

At least we made proper chances though, and hopefully they will be put away next time.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:14 pm

The stats on Bet365 during the game back up what was said on BCIR and the above comments.  More shots on goal, more corners, more of all the positive things except... Crying or Very sad GO will probably be incandescent with rage and frustration.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:28 pm

Chronic has George Rigg as MOM. I'm OK with that - he worked his socks off.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:54 pm

and Fleetwood's performance?

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:19 pm

Next question, please...

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:29 pm

The star for me was Watkins. What a shame his superb crosses were wasted. Although he was guilty of squandering two of our three best chances, I can't understand why Diallo is regularly substituted. He looks to be one of our best sources of goals.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:43 pm

It was like an action replay of Margate.

Horrible view to commentate from whilst being basically shoe-horned in to a main stand amongst an assortment of wires.
Missing good chances.
Letting in a late goal when we deserved to draw.
Stiflingly hot.
Andy Watkins shone.

Hopefully this time we won't repeat it with a similar first half performance to Weston. And also hope Poole's plans for a new stadium are sorted. Lovely people, welcoming club (from what I experienced) but the ground is limited. They've done the best they can in a small space but if they carry on improving on the pitch they'll need to find somewhere a bit better to play matches!
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:04 pm

comrade powell wrote:The star for me was Watkins. What a shame his superb crosses were wasted. Although he was guilty of squandering two of our three best chances, I can't understand why Diallo is regularly substituted. He looks to be one of our best sources of goals.

Agreed. I gave him motm on the website. I also thought Chas was excellent today (just ahead of Manny).

I'm not one to criticise managerial decision as there are many factors that I am not aware of but taking off Diallo rather than Fleetwood did seem an odd one. Morgan, I assume, picked up a knock.

As Mark says it was horribly similar to Margate. And made a little bit worse as the goalscorer appears to be the same Michael Walker who was a complete dick in the Dorchester play-off game back in 2004.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveS Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:24 pm

The better team lost today but if you don't score from clear chances this is what happens.
I thought everyone put in a shift except Fleetwood, who we were carrying, and I cannot understand why he stayed on all the game. Not sure if he is on a contract or not. If not the message to him should be clear, shape up quickly or you are out. If he is on a contract afraid we are stuck with him.

SteveS

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:08 am

Thought GO wanted everyone on contract this season?

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:20 am

Yes, if he is on a contract we are stuck with him but we don't have to play him. I thought his signing was a strange one considering he couldn't score goals for such a prolific team as Sutton last year.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:49 pm

Morgan did indeed pick up a knock late 1st half. He struggled on for the rest of the half and did not re-appear for the 2nd half.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Twerton Park Magic Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:58 pm

Lovely people, welcoming club (from what I experienced)

Good to hear. The Poole supporters who came to Frome a couple of seasons ago were a cheerful, hard-drinking bunch. Poole silenced the crowd and were well in the lead when Frome started playing a bit, and a few Froomies found their voices, which produced the wonderful chant of "You only sing when you're losing". But looking at the League table, to an old cynic, it still looks like Ebbfleet's to lose.

Twerton Park Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down