Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dan Ball to Exeter?

Go down

Dan Ball to Exeter? Empty Dan Ball to Exeter?

Post by Grecian on Thu May 19, 2016 11:00 am

Apparently Exeter are having a look at Dan Ball.

Is he any good? Do you think he'd do a job at League 2 level? I'd be grateful for your opinions.

I understand he's just signed a new contract, so perhaps a fee would be involved.

Grecian

Back to top Go down

Dan Ball to Exeter? Empty Re: Dan Ball to Exeter?

Post by 2weirdtown on Thu May 19, 2016 11:43 am

Nah, he's rubbish, you don't want him!
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA on Thu May 19, 2016 11:59 am

I hope the "apparently" turns out to be just that, and it will just be baseless rumours! Ball is class, and I am surprised he's stayed with us for 4 years, each summer I worry that someone will snatch him away.

Easily our best defender (although that isn't normally that hard), could be a little short to be a football league centre half, but I would think he could easily play league football otherwise.

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Post by Grecian on Thu May 19, 2016 12:26 pm

2weirdtown wrote:Nah, he's rubbish, you don't want him!

Cheers, I'll have the deal called off instantly Smile

Thanks for the feedback. It's apparently all at a very early stage so I wouldn't burn your season ticket just yet.

Enjoy Matt Taylor - immense centre back for us in his day, and a thoroughly lovely guy too.

Grecian

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE on Thu May 19, 2016 12:37 pm

Selfishly I would want him to stay but in my opinion he is good enough for league football. I would like to see how he progresses with a good coach.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveBradley on Thu May 19, 2016 1:15 pm

Ball is certainly good enough for the Conference. I don't watch enough League 2 to know if he could take a further step up though personally.

If he left it would ruin that perfect terrace chant "Oh Danny Ball - the stripes, the stripes are calling". Reason alone to keep him Smile

SteveBradley

Back to top Go down

Post by Grecian on Thu May 19, 2016 1:19 pm

SteveBradley wrote:

If he left it would ruin that perfect terrace chant "Oh Danny Ball - the stripes, the stripes are calling". Reason alone to keep him Smile

I was thinking "Danny Ball" would work nicely to "Daddy Cool" by Boney M, a chant previously used for Danny "don't mess with me on Twitter, 12 year olds" Coles.

Grecian

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie on Thu May 19, 2016 3:45 pm

It will also end any hope of using the Batten-Ball headline on the website Crying or Very sad

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by freeview on Fri May 20, 2016 10:13 pm

Actually think young Batten, is a more accomplished player than Dan can't understand why Bris City let him go, but who cares there loss our gain.

freeview

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Icewater on Sat May 21, 2016 9:11 am

I have always thought he has the ability to play at a higher level and thought that Torquay might have shown an interest. Kevin Nicholson must have a reasonable knowledge of his capabilities from playing alongside him. I assume that Torquay still see themselves as a temporary non-league member so are looking for established players rather than those with possible potential in order to get back to league status.

Major Icewater

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum