Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hillsborough Anniversary - Hayes and Yeading (H) 12 April

+3
Beau Nash
comrade powell
Ashley
7 posters

Go down

Hillsborough Anniversary - Hayes and Yeading (H) 12 April Empty Hillsborough Anniversary - Hayes and Yeading (H) 12 April

Post by Ashley Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:03 pm

Presumeably the Hayes game will be included in this: http://www.thefa.com/news/2014/mar/hillsborough-kick-off-tribute-210314

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Hillsborough Anniversary - Hayes and Yeading (H) 12 April Empty Re: Hillsborough Anniversary - Hayes and Yeading (H) 12 April

Post by comrade powell Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:08 pm

we were at home on that dreadful day (won 5-1 against burton) and i remember word getting around the ground about what was happening. long before mobile phones, so presumably some were listening to radio commentary on transistors...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Hillsborough Anniversary - Hayes and Yeading (H) 12 April Empty Re: Hillsborough Anniversary - Hayes and Yeading (H) 12 April

Post by Beau Nash Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:04 pm

This tragedy was made worse by the deliberate actions of criminals in the police and government authorities who lied and attempted to pervert the truth by altering records and cover-up.  

The IPCC have been pathetic, as usual, when it comes to investigating crimes committed by people in positions of authority.   

Lest we forget, remember the 96.

emoticons removed by mod
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:32 pm

comrade powell wrote:we were at home on that dreadful day (won 5-1 against burton) and i remember word getting around the ground about what was happening. long before mobile phones, so presumably some were listening to radio commentary on transistors...

Coincidentally the day Jason Mellor was born
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Peteboa Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:00 pm

Beau Nash wrote:This tragedy was made worse by the deliberate actions of criminals in the police and government authorities who lied and attempted to pervert the truth by altering records and cover-up.  

The IPCC have been pathetic, as usual, when it comes to investigating crimes committed by people in positions of authority.   

Lest we forget, remember the 96.

emoticons removed by mod

Very well said. Justice for the 96

You'll Never Walk Alone.
Peteboa
Peteboa

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt_1376 Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:18 pm

I was sat waiting in my parents car while they went shopping listening to it on the radio when it happened.

Philip Hammond, who I went to scouts with and who lived next door to my best mate, died at Hillsborough.
Matt_1376
Matt_1376

Back to top Go down

Post by RUDI GULITS Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:08 pm

Yes this game will be included.
Read in the non league paper today all conference pemier,north and south games will kick off at 3.07pm
as a liverpool fan i remember it well as i was thinking off going myself
never had a ticket and was going to try and buy one off a tout.
decided to play for the mighty Atworth United instead as i thought its a long way to go if i don't get a ticket
RUDI GULITS
RUDI GULITS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down