Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City v. Hayes and Yeading

+14
Marc Monitor
the demon headmaster
miker
Dusty Lynfield
yuffie
Bristol Mike
Elmore James
Tapper80
SteveS
2weirdtown
Steve Whites Missus
Jon_BOA
BenE
Luton Roman
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

City v. Hayes and Yeading Empty City v. Hayes and Yeading

Post by Luton Roman Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:46 pm

Team is Phillips, Simmo, Gallinagh, Batten, Ball, Hemmings, Artus, Benny, Pratt, Watkins, Kaid. Subs are Williams, John, Smith, McCootie, Bowman

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

City v. Hayes and Yeading Empty Re: City v. Hayes and Yeading

Post by Luton Roman Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:14 pm

0-1

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:30 pm

Oh dear 0_2
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:37 pm

Penalty
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:38 pm

Missed
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:40 pm

I'm not convinced by the team shape. You are relying on the strikers to provide width.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:44 pm

This could be the final straw unless City find a way back in this game. Arch will need the team talk of his life.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:15 pm

1-2 as Watkins realises he had better score himself as no one else can !

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:44 pm

2-2, Ball heads home from corner, can we win it??

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:00 pm

Of course not, Lost 2-3 to a goal in 7th min of injury time.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:39 pm

I could write an eloquent post about our weaknesses (and strengths to be fair) but I will just leave it at this.

Howells out, Howells out, Howells OUT.

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:48 pm

I think I'm in that camp now, he / they have had plenty of time to put it right, put Jimmer in caretaker charge and use the 2 week break to sound out potential candidates, I'm sure it is an attractive post to many.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:50 pm

I think the current management team are doing an excellent job.
It must take an amazing amount of ability to coach a capable team of players to make all of our mediocre opponents look good.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:58 pm

It is no good saying howells out unless adie goes too. I am sure they will point to the two missed penalties but if you concede three at home you are likely to lose. We aren't getting the best out of the players we've got. Could Jimmer do better on his own? I'm not convinced about that but maybe billy clarke could do a job.

Either way the board need to make a decision.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:40 pm

First half was the worst I've seen in many a year. Complete transformation second half.
Was it the half time talk? Did the boos from the crowd finally wake them up? Did Coupey 'have a word'?. Perhaps Kaid going off- he's not looking very committed is he?
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:58 pm

Kaid must have another club lined up already. If not he may not get many higher level clubs coming in for him on the back of most performances.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveS Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:06 pm

First half no effort or commitment at all. Hayes are not a good side but we managed to make them look very good. Second half we came out fired up and got level then gave it all away to the sucker punch once again.
We do not have the belief we can win games, highlighted by missing 2 penalties. Four games ago I said that the next 4 were vital. We had reached the stage where results were more important than performance. The outcome of those 4 games has been 1 point and knocked out of the Trophy. Simply not good enough.
The players have lost belief. We need a change. I have nothing against Adie, I like him as a person and he has tried hard but his time has come to an end. As for Mr Howells it is best I say nothing.
Will anything change? I don't think so. The long suffering will continue to suffer until the slow death of the club is complete.

SteveS

Back to top Go down

Post by Tapper80 Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:15 pm

Enough is enough, we need a change in management. The first half was as poor as I've ever seen, we looked clueless and afraid to tackle. Any other club would of dispensed of their manager after a run like we're on.

Tapper80

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:41 pm

I am really glad to see that I have come on the forum and no-one is making the sort of excuses that I expect the management will probably make - missed penalties etc. It gives me great faith that I and the group of people I stand with aren't alone in our analysis.

That was awful today. The first half was just rubbish. H & Y were just walking into our penalty area and could have been 3-0 up. Our penalty was soft as was the free kick before it and it was justice that we didn't get anything off either of them.

Second half, we had a great period of 20 minutes where we pinned them back and they didn't play with the freedom that we had given them in the first half. Having said that, 2-2 would have been a generous and welcome result for us. To their credit, they kept going and got the winner that they deserved.

Indeed, it was the sort of match that, to be honest, I would have liked to have seen us lose by more clear goals to send a message that something is dreadfully wrong and I think it is with the management. As I say, I am glad to see that the small margin of the defeat is fooling no-one.

I would now quite like to see Howells and Britton gone and Rollo given unfettered control to see how well he can actually do on his own. If he can't do well, then he may have to go or go back to his coaching role and someone else comes in. As it goes, I think he can't do any worse than what is happening now.

Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Elmore James Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:46 pm

Marc Monitor wrote:I would now quite like to see Howells and Britton gone and Rollo given unfettered control to see how well he can actually do on his own. If he can't do well, then he may have to go or go back to his coaching role and someone else comes in. As it goes, I think he can't do any worse than what is happening now.

Good lord no. A complete change is needed. If you want to reach your 1000BC target, bring a 'name' in. It'll boost the support/interest and the Bid.

Elmore James

Back to top Go down

Post by Tapper80 Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:48 pm

I think we need a complete change. A new voice in the dressing room.

Tapper80

Back to top Go down

Post by Bristol Mike Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:07 pm

Marc Monitor wrote:I am really glad to see that I have come on the forum and no-one is making the sort of excuses that I expect the management will probably make - missed penalties etc. It gives me great faith that I and the group of people I stand with aren't alone in our analysis.

That was awful today. The first half was just rubbish. H & Y were just walking into our penalty area and could have been 3-0 up. Our penalty was soft as was the free kick before it and it was justice that we didn't get anything off either of them.

Second half, we had a great period of 20 minutes where we pinned them back and they didn't play with the freedom that we had given them in the first half. Having said that, 2-2 would have been a generous and welcome result for us. To their credit, they kept going and got the winner that they deserved.

Indeed, it was the sort of match that, to be honest, I would have liked to have seen us lose by more clear goals to send a message that something is dreadfully wrong and I think it is with the management. As I say, I am glad to see that the small margin of the defeat is fooling no-one.

I would now quite like to see Howells and Britton gone and Rollo given unfettered control to see how well he can actually do on his own. If he can't do well, then he may have to go or go back to his coaching role and someone else comes in. As it goes, I think he can't do any worse than what is happening now.

Give it time and people will try and defend the management/performance as they always do.

I could not belive how many people defended the management/performance against oxford.

Similar performance but because Oxford so say have a bigger budget it was acceptable

Bristol Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:08 pm

Who's the name that we can afford? Holloway? Dodd?

Personally, I would see what Andy Tilson is up to nowadays but he may not want to touch us with a barge pole presently.

Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:17 pm

We moved up a place in the table.

For what it is worth Steve Phillips might make a good manager. Certainly wouldn't lack passion.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:18 pm

Oxford City were the best footballing side I have seen down here since the Swansea U21s at the start of last season. If that had been a one-off defeat, I would have just said that we were beaten by the better team. However in a run of 3 wins in 18, it was dreadful and a sign of what was to come.

The worst thing about today was that we made Hayes and Yeading look like Oxford City in the first team and they are anything but.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next