Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much more can the supporters take?

+23
bone ash
Diogenes
Peteboa
Luton Roman
Beau Nash
Too Late...
Roman Mike
stillmanjunior
Jon_BOA
Ashley
LB
2weirdtown
freeview
SASCHA
danver
BenE
SteveS
comrade powell
Marc Monitor
miker
yuffie
pete mac
Steve Whites Missus
27 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

How much more can the supporters take? - Page 2 Empty Re: How much more can the supporters take?

Post by Elmore James Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:41 pm

manager picked the players, manager picks the team, team plays cr@p 1 game, teams fault, team plays cr@p for 10 games, managers fault. simples.

Elmore James

Back to top Go down

How much more can the supporters take? - Page 2 Empty Re: How much more can the supporters take?

Post by comrade powell Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:43 pm

yuffie wrote:But why do you think it doesn't exist? Is it simply that they haven't been sacked already? I know that a number of people believed that Adie (and, I assume, Archie, by association) was untouchable under the previous leadership because he was involved in bringing Manda to the club. Is this still the same under Paul?

For what it is worth, I still have enough faith that the members of the board have the best interests of the club at heart (all long-time supporters, like me and you) to support them and the management team until one or both are no longer at the club.

As for the second point, I would imagine anyone currently interested in getting involved in the club would have bought into the Community Club line and either be already involved or waiting for the takeover to be completed. Especially as all comments tend to say it's a case of 'when' rather than 'if' the change happens.

Because I see or hear no evidence of its existence. Perhaps we don't want a club where those running it are seen to be interfering in team affairs, but surely we should expect something on the current situation if only to satisfy supporters, however 'long term' they are, that our concerns are shared and that everyone at the club is working together to turn it around.

Yes, it would be nice to think that new ideas and faces would be attracted by the Community club line, but shouldn't the present board be looking for fresh impetus anyway? And as for 'all' comments saying it's a case of 'when' rather than 'if' - you've never heard that from me. This was always going to be a long, hard battle and to say otherwise was in my opinion misguided.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:45 pm

With regard to the complaints about the current board, does this include those members who are on it as representatives of the supporters club / society?

Do they have enough, or any influence within the current structure?

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:47 pm

Elmore James wrote:manager picked the players, manager picks the team, team plays cr@p 1 game, teams fault, team plays cr@p for 10 games, managers fault. simples.

But looked what happened at Newcastle. The Pardew Out brigade didn't quite get what they bargained for did they and he hasn't done badly since. And yes, I know they won today, but it was only against Liverpool...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Steve Whites Missus wrote:With regard to the complaints about the current board, does this include those members who are on it as representatives of the supporters club / society?

Despite pumping over £100k into the club over the past decade, the SC is not represented on the board. I certainly have no complaints about Shane Morgan, who does a fine job as the Society's rep. As for influence, perhaps you should ask him...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:31 pm

Elmore James wrote:manager picked the players, manager picks the team, team plays cr@p 1 game, teams fault, team plays cr@p for 10 games, managers fault. simples.

A tad more direct than I would have put it but essentially so. Only it's, at least, 15 games now.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by SASCHA Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:39 pm

"Oh dear!"Howells comments on yesterdays game are now on the Chronicle website.  (enjoy)

SASCHA

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:48 pm

I guess nothing he says now - apart from 'I quit' obviously - will be treated without contempt on here.

Interesting that he picked up on the 'Southern League' chant that I thought was pathetic at the time. Though it did take me back to a game at Telford many years ago when I joined in a chant of 'We're crap and we know we are' only for the singers to get a told, in no uncertain terms, by a couple of other fans that was hardly supporting the team.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:49 pm

Steve Whites Missus wrote:With regard to the complaints about the current board, does this include those members who are on it as representatives of the supporters club / society?

The society formally has one representative on the board. One person representing the Supporters Society and reporting back to the committee which, in turn, represents and reports back to its membership. While, of course, the Supporters Society are the majority share holder, the particular workings of the board mean that, even in that situation, any representative of Supporters' Society - even one as effective as Shane - will only be able to have limited influence. As comrade says, the supporters' club has no representative on the board.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:57 pm

yuffie wrote:I guess nothing he says now - apart from 'I quit' obviously - will be treated without contempt on here.

Actually, if he came out with specific and honest reasons for the bad run, instead of "I don't know what's going on", I would certainly be impressed with him taking responsibility.

Interesting that he picked up on the 'Southern League' chant that I thought was pathetic at the time. Though it did take me back to a game at Telford many years ago when I joined in a chant of 'We're crap and we know we are' only for the singers to get a told, in no uncertain terms, by a couple of other fans that was hardly supporting the team.

Doesn't really mean anything, does it? Terrace democracy. You pay your money, you are allowed to do what you like (within obvious parameters)
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by freeview Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:04 pm

Hmm so a lot of the comeback is to be contributed to "Big nick " being introduced in the second half. Nothing at all to do with the conditions favouring us then ,or Watkins working his nads off
As for the comment about his pedigree and jumping up 2 divisions being against him at this level its hardly great,Hasn't he heard of a guy called Jamie Vardy. Cobblers

freeview

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:05 pm

I find the chronicle articles interesting in that last season they were criticising Mellor, this season McCootie. Not overly keen on the player bashing from the management in the press.

Was spot on with the comments about needing to lift the crowd in the second half... and they did.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:34 pm

I presume Watkins was MOM. Could'nt fault Pratt either.
Not impressed with the loanee at centre back though.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:42 pm

I didn't hear the Southern League chant, but was it not simply gallows humour? It's very easy to pick on the actions of a small group, a bit like the 'Manda out' chant at Weston a couple of years back which was blown out of proportion. The improved second half performance and fight back certainly lifted the crowd and it's a pity that was not dwelled on instead of an isolated song and a bit of booing.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:42 pm

yuffie wrote:I guess nothing he says now - apart from 'I quit' obviously - will be treated without contempt on here.

Difficult to take an interview seriously when it describes an opposing player as "a different gravy"!

I think it is a shame that he saw fit to have a go at the crowd again. I think the 'Southern League' chant probably summed up how most of us felt at the time, and actually the support from the Popular Side in the first half was pretty good in view of how badly we were playing at the time. Still, foolish of me to think that we might be entitled to an opinion.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:49 pm

2weirdtown wrote:I presume Watkins was MOM.  

Correct

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:07 pm

LB wrote:Still, foolish of me to think that we might be entitled to an opinion.

Interesting twist on a opposing view of the merits of the chant.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:05 pm

Comrade you were correct, it was gallows humour.

Surprisingly enough after three months of crap performances we decided to amuse ourselves. But of course, if all you want to do on a Saturday is take photos then crack on.

Last edited by Jon_BOA on Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : autocorrect picked wrong word)

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:10 pm

Those comments from Howells are really odd. I have to say that I thought McCootie did OK. He pulled up short on a couple of runs (although so did Watkins) and, as has been covered, he obviously can't go all out 100%. How you would single Nick out in a performance where three - almost four - goals have been given away, two penalties missed and we let an alright side look like Barcelona, ok, Oxford City? If we are relying on McCootie to save games from 2-0 down, something is rotten in the state of Twerton.

The Mohamed criticism is a bit less surprising and more obvious. Howells (or Britton or Rollo) have given him a right bollocking at half-time as they seen him as fault for the first, disallowed and second goals. Why he has picked out the first one, I don't know. The H & Y player got through about 4 players. The disallowed goal, he could have sone better. The second one, it looked like he thought the player was right-footed and shaped up to block a shot from there and read it wrong. Obviously, someone kicked off with him at half-time or said something that caused him to kick off hence the substitution. Whether that is good management or bad, I suppose, will be seen in how Mohamed reacts the next game.

Pratt is inconspicuous at the moment and really really needs a rest. As McCootie can't play 90 minutes, that probably means that we should be starting with Watkins and Mohamed up front next week. However, whatever Howells' bizarre comments, the rest of the team needs to be sorted out thoroughly and it can't be pinned out to one or two players and shouldn't be publicly.

As someone posted, look at Gary Monk's comments yesterday and compare the responsibility taken.

"It was a poor first half from us, I feel sorry for the fans. Were not playing like this club can play, like these players can play.
"Its very difficult to analyse and put your finger on it. The results are not acceptable and I am fully aware of that, and its up to me to put it right."...
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:46 am

Jon_BOA wrote:But of course, if all you want to do on a Saturday is take photos then crack on.

Thanks, will do. It can be a cold, wet and lonely job sometimes though.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:15 am

yuffie wrote:
Jon_BOA wrote:But of course, if all you want to do on a Saturday is take photos then crack on.

Very Happy Dangerous too! I wouldn't have liked to have been in your position when McCootie barrelled into you in the SPC, I winced from the other side of the wall.

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:44 am

If I was manager I would have understood the 'southern league' chant and said I was going to do everything I could to make sure it doesn't happen. I might also have said what I was going to do. It might be good to hear from Paul Williams also.

2 wins in 18 is quite dreadful.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:05 am

Jon_BOA wrote:
yuffie wrote:

Very Happy   Dangerous too! I wouldn't have liked to have been in your position when McCootie barrelled into you in the SPC, I winced from the other side of the wall.

Shocked It was the first time in about 5-6 years that has happened though I'd rather it had been Watkins than McCootie!

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:07 am

Did McCootie use the same language to you as our Bognor friend?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:40 am

comrade powell wrote:Did McCootie use the same language to you as our Bognor friend?

Only toward the referee!

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next