Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City v Street

+19
Sir Ged Roddy
SASCHA
Roman Mike
sean
A36
Manchester Romans
Marc Monitor
yuffie
Jon_BOA
Ashley
Ian Jones
kermit
pete mac
BenE
stillmanjunior
Steve Whites Missus
2weirdtown
Colin Voutt
comrade powell
23 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

City v Street - Page 4 Empty Re: City v Street

Post by yuffie Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:20 am

BathMan wrote:We are talking about a game against a low table team from the Toolstation League that got beat Saturday by Odd Down.

Not sure but our setup and players mentioned above should have delivered against them. Mostly players that represent the club at Conference level plus three kids from the Uni team (not our under 21 as people call them, but college kids looking to get back to at semi pro football back in their home area when finished their course)

Pride in not loosing, wearing your club colours, seems not to be mentioned here no matter what competition you play in.

That's a fair point that the side we put out should have won - and probably would nine times out of ten - as it was perhaps giving Street some credit for playing better on the day might be fairer.

MattC wrote:

The quality of football suggests that we are playing at at least 1 level above the ability/commitment of the current squad ...

This is also an interesting point. I disagree about the ability/commitment at the moment suggesting this but - particularly going forward - it will be interesting if the set up of the club is aimed at stabilising at this level or the Southern League.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:34 am

I agree. With the players we have got and the crowds we get, we are easily a mid-table Conference South side. It is our natural position now. We are always within touching distance of getting into the play-offs but also have to be careful not to fall into a relegation battle (like this season).

I have always said that, when a club gets promoted, it should budget for the division that it has just been promoted from for a couple of seasons until it is established in the division promoted to and the attendances have risen accordingly. We should really be well past that stage now.

However, the situation in the club means that we are in no position to stabilise at Southern League level.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:06 am

I think there are some good comments on this thread raising contrasting isues.

There were two/half things I learnt from that game.

1. Jimmo should never come off the bench in a real game. He was a shadow of his former self and it would be a disaster.
2. Peter Trego was played as some sort of joke.
3. Yeoman is not likely to make much impact for the 1st team. (there is still time for him to prove me wrong on that)

Oh and 4 we don't appear to be able to get ourselves up for games against lower opposition.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4