Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Thread

+3
Peteboa
Mark Tanner
Matt_1376
7 posters

Go down

Music Thread Empty Music Thread

Post by Matt_1376 Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:12 pm

We all like music, and on the old forum there were a few topics where people would post music vids.

So let's start it again.

It doesn't matter what genre of music it is, but you need to have reason for posting the song/video; whether it's a new band you have discovered or a song that means something to you that perhaps other people will appreciate.

So, I'll get started with this one newish song by Imagine Dragons which I only discovered last week. I'd heard the song a few times on the radio and didn't know the name of the song or the band, so I had to Google what few lyrics I'd managed to remember:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sENM2wA_FTg&list=ALHTd1VmZQRNqnFkD8uLCT3AGoI-dWhPJ8

And here's one more song for the time being that I think some of you will appreciate. I'd heard the song before, but it was only after I had lived in Bath for 6 years and moved to Larkhall that I knew what this was about. I would open my curtains in the morning and the first thing I would see was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OO2PuGz-H8

Okay, the video is a bit rubbish, but if you put the lyrics into context...  Wink 
Matt_1376
Matt_1376

Back to top Go down

Music Thread Empty Re: Music Thread

Post by Mark Tanner Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:40 am

These lads grew up in Coronation Ave in Bath, they are The Family Rain. They have been in a band together since 2004 when we were all at school together and have played countless shows trying to make it big before getting signed at the end of 2012. They even played in the 5 a side tournament in 2009 (I think) as The Sex Police and we lost every game!

Their first album was released in Feb so make sure you get yourself a copy from HMV or Raves from the Grave. This is a 'b side' they put out as a free download, enjoy:

Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by Peteboa Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:15 pm

Very keen on chilling out to artists Gramatik nowadays. Very nice.

Peteboa
Peteboa

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:51 pm

I like that
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:35 pm

I am sure that I have mentioned it before but I am in a band called The Lone Sharks who hail from Bath, Bristol and, erm, Camerton. Our Bath credentials are sound as I am a season ticket holder and a couple of other members have been terrace attendees. We are also gigging mates with the mighty Hacksaw and have done a fundraising gig for the Supporters Society at Charlie's.

Anyway, I reckon this is a good enough reason to plug us

Here is our Facebook page

...and a couple of Youtube vids.

Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Peteboa Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:47 pm

Absolutely, nice work Marc. Will have a listen later after post work trip hop chill out sesh Smile
Peteboa
Peteboa

Back to top Go down

Music Thread Empty Katy Aschant

Post by Beau Nash Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:10 pm

I have seen this lady live - http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist/view_playlist/-4?page_object=artist_2790084 - an "unsung" talent.  Very Happy
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:44 am

yes like that too. I have a feeling I saw her at the Bristol Harbour Festival. didn't work live I felt. mind you nor did many bands. there was a distinct lack of atmosphere.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:52 am

marc - takes me back. Bit too civilised though - nobody bouncing and spitting - that used to ruin quite a few gigs. maybe all the old punks can do now is dribble.  Very Happy 
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:11 pm

The goalkeeper in my Sunday team is in a band called Los Campisinos!, think they've done quite a lot of gigs in the area and even more abroad. He's been on some American Chat Show about it and everything.

Although I have more respect for him for the fact that he's an avid Welton Rovers fan and edits their programme.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:15 pm

Mark Tanner wrote:These lads grew up in Coronation Ave in Bath, they are The Family Rain. They have been in a band together since 2004 when we were all at school together and have played countless shows trying to make it big before getting signed at the end of 2012. They even played in the 5 a side tournament in 2009 (I think) as The Sex Police and we lost every game!

Their first album was released in Feb so make sure you get yourself a copy from HMV or Raves from the Grave. This is a 'b side' they put out as a free download, enjoy:

I like them, Mark. Do you still see them? Roy Hacksaw and myself have been talking about putting a gig on at Charlie's (for the Support's Society again) but don't think that the Sharks and 'Saws are quite big enough to fill it - we got about 80 last time. Maybe we could persuade them to play.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt_1376 Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:33 pm

I saw Therapy? in Manchester the other week. It was the 20th Anniversary Tour of their "Troublegum" album from 1994, which was the year I first saw them play, also in Manchester.

Here's 2 of the songs of THAT album live, with a bit of Teenage Kicks thrown in for good measure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0BxtmEdsVU
Matt_1376
Matt_1376

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down