Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jason Dodd

5 posters

Go down

Jason Dodd Empty Jason Dodd

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:11 am

Have only just realised that he's been appointed as a coach as Gosport.

Also, we sold him for £15,000 (plus add-ons?) - is this the highest transfer fee we've received for a player?
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Jason Dodd Empty Re: Jason Dodd

Post by comrade powell Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:42 am

In fact the fee for Dodd was paid quite some time after he left us. It was a complicated affair but I think we were desperate for money and waved the sell on clause we had signed with Saints in exchange for some cash.

Dave Wiffil left us for Man City for £25k - in the archive section Yuffie says it was then a club record, suggesting someone has gone for more, but I can't think who? The whippet?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:56 am

Hmm, I'll have to do some digging. As far as I'm aware the last time we received a fee for a player was Andy Sandell in 2006, plus a sell-on after he joined Salisbury from Bristol Rovers.

£25k from Man City, eh? They probably spend that on a player's suit nowadays.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:26 am

Must update the archive section soon.

I think in the end we got around £60K for Jason Dodd, of which a large part was Southampton buying out the 25% sell-on clause. Not long afterwards he looked set to join Man City for over £1m but this fell through so for once we came out on the right side of a transfer deal!

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:18 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:£25k from Man City, eh? They probably spend that on a player's suit nowadays.

As do North Ferriby according to some reports
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:25 pm

Farnborough didn't bother with any of that nonsense, not even tracksuits. One of their players walked past me after the game looking like a One Direction wannabe.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by sean Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:43 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:Farnborough didn't bother with any of that nonsense, not even tracksuits. One of their players walked past me after the game looking like a One Direction wannabe.

Doesn't one of the One Direction members "play" for Doncaster? Clearly a publicity stunt, although I bet he would have performed better than some of those Farnborough players on Saturday.

sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down