Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gosport v City

4 posters

Go down

Gosport v City  Empty Gosport v City

Post by Luton Roman Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:38 pm

1-0 City Stearn 36m

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Gosport v City  Empty Re: Gosport v City

Post by Luton Roman Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:06 pm

1-1 Gallinagh og 46m

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:14 pm

2-1 Gosport

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:29 pm

Andy Watkins co-commentating on BCIR. All I have found out so far is that he calls Diabo "Nabs" and that he thinks Hemmings is the player of the year. Actually, if he means the calendar year, that is a fair shout.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:53 pm

Lost 1-3

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by A36 Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:09 pm

Wasn't great in the second half, but City were still in it right up to the end of injury time. Gosport's third goal came from a mistake after the three minutes of injury time were up. Gosport's second came from an unfortunate rebound that put the Gosport player in with just Mellor to beat. The equaliser came from a good through ball and shot with Mellor getting a foot to it which bounced off the post only for Gallinagh to stumble into it on a slippery pitch. In the first half Stearn took his goal really well, hammering it past the keeper after being put through. Bizzare moment of the game was Keary coming on for McCootie at 2-1 down, and then playing up front.

A36

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:26 pm

No Pratt, Hemmings or Watkins. It was never going to be a great chance of an away win. Stearn did what he had to to get a goal and we should have either kept it at 1-0 or, at least 1-1. That we didn't appears to be due to unfortunate circumstances and, without those three players I mention, more than one goal for us was going to be difficult. Was Hemmings injured or being protected for next Saturday?

Ho-hum, onto Tuesday
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by A36 Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:19 pm

I think the manner of the equaliser rather knocked the steam out of City, and, where City had been very much in the game first half, maybe even edging the half, the balance changed with that goal so soon after half time. Even so, City had their chances to equalise in the second half and McCootie probably chould have done better when through on the keeper. The already imposing keeper made himself big, and McCootie didn't really get any power into the shot.

A36

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:51 pm

Is that an intentional amalgamation of 'could' and 'should'? If so, I like it Cool

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down