Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Stearn Question

+6
Marc Monitor
Roman Mike
Dave
stillmanjunior
Mark Tanner
BenE
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

If Stearn is to start against Weston who should he replace?

The Stearn Question - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%The Stearn Question - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
The Stearn Question - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%The Stearn Question - Page 2 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 4 ]
The Stearn Question - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%The Stearn Question - Page 2 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 4 ]
The Stearn Question - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%The Stearn Question - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Stearn Question - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%The Stearn Question - Page 2 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 5 ]
The Stearn Question - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%The Stearn Question - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 15

The Stearn Question - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stearn Question

Post by comrade powell Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:37 pm

yuffie wrote:I think with youth/academy players it is fairly clear from even brief appearances in pre-season friendlies/SPC games that they are capable of making the step up.

Presumably you mean 'if', but those games can never be an indicator of an ability to play at this level.

yuffie wrote:
I guess if we were a Southern League team then there would be a more realistic path to the first team. And with the current finances and possible future direction of the club ownership then we may see if this is true sooner rather than later.

Well that's an optimistic note to end the year on - at least you didn't mention Dorchester by name!

Sorry, but I'm sure there are other clubs at our level who get more mileage out of the players they have developed.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2