Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WSM game tonight

+3
Luton Roman
Ashley
BenE
7 posters

Go down

WSM game tonight Empty WSM game tonight

Post by BenE Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:03 pm

Still time for the mud to postpone the game.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

WSM game tonight Empty Re: WSM game tonight

Post by Ashley Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:35 pm

It’s beginning to look like this is the year that the game is actually on. Unbelievable.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:51 am

Anyone go?? A while til next game so would be good to hear about this one. How's the keeper doing? What about the new forward?

Luton Roman

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:07 am

Sorry can’t help as I didn’t go. Can’t stand the place especially on a night in midwinter. Sources tell me it was a pretty dire game but we were deserved winners. Good to see Cody score from open play as his goals had dried up.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:22 am

It was an awful game to watch, first half was appallingly bad, City were slightly better second half but still, not an entertaining game by any stretch.

New bloke is horrendously out of shape/lacking match fitness, he did however have a few good touches, held the ball up well and fed a few good through balls, he could be useful if he can get up to speed, but absolutely do not expect him to be a goalscorer (watch this come back and bite me).

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:06 pm

WSM filmed highlights - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5pSuP56ZYI - only 8 minutes 45 seconds.

We are so blessed to have BCR and Dave on camera. I can't find any other film of the game?

There was one very glaring individual defensive error, which Gerry needs to have a quiet word with the player about, as he needs to be made aware of his responsibility and / or to think about in every game.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:47 pm

Jon_BOA wrote:It was an awful game to watch, first half was appallingly bad, City were slightly better second half but still, not an entertaining game by any stretch. 

I’ve missed Truro, Weymouth and Weston away (all midweek) but of those I’ve seen only Tonbridge and Dartford were what I would judge as entertaining. And yet our away record is very good. 
We have only won around half of our home fixtures but I think there has been a higher proportion of enjoyable games. A good reward for the high attendances who were starved of entertainment at Twerton last season. 
(total of 42 goals scored in matches at Twerton, 38 away - I’m surprised the difference isn’t greater
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:55 pm

The conditions didn't help, the pitch was very wet and soft and the wind was blowing a gale diagonally across the ground.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:15 pm

Beau Nash wrote:There was one very glaring individual defensive error, which Gerry needs to have a quiet word with the player about, as he needs to be made aware of his responsibility and / or to think about in every game.

In the context of an encounter where every now and then it threatens to develop into a game of football it's quite difficult to identify one glaring error.
BenE
BenE

2weirdtown likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:11 pm

3 points all that matters on a damp night in WSM. Looked excellent away following behind the goal after Cody Cooke's winner from Clark's crisp cross. Been an incredibly entertaining season so far, so common sense says were gonna have some dull wins. Even Yeovil's wins over us were dull from their perspective. I can't remember the last boring game I've seen this season?
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down