Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yeovil - another blank

+3
Paul1978
2weirdtown
comrade powell
7 posters

Go down

Yeovil - another blank Empty Yeovil - another blank

Post by comrade powell Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:24 am

I thought we did our best but as in the home game that wasn't enough. If Yeovil were relegated with that team then the gap between the NL and this league is wider than ever. Fans moaning on social media about Wilson failing to score from an easy chance presumably didn't notice that the ball was slightly deflected after he had timed his jump. Watching from the side, an easier chance fell to Thorn who misconnected from just a few yards out.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Yeovil - another blank Empty Re: Yeovil - another blank

Post by 2weirdtown Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:05 am

Yeovil team are set up to do a job.  As a neutral with me remarked, they are effective but he wouldn't want to watch them every week.  He thought they were wary of us, I thought they were playing within themselves so a pretty cagey game overall.
The two they scored were about the only efforts they had on target.  Our keeper had few saves to make .......... the one he " pushed around the post for a corner" was going a foot wide.
We improved with the addition of Cooke but the long high ball tactic towards him didn't quite come off.
The two neutrals with me would pay to watch City anyday over Yeovil so they're not neutrals any more!
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

comrade powell, Beau Nash and Paul1978 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:52 am

ha ha ha yeah. i seen that post about wilson. 30 + goals in 2023. someone put his work rate is poor. a 30 goals a season man is like gold dust. he can tap them in inside the 6 yard box all season for all i care. as long as he's keeping up this incredible scoring ratio. he's gonna miss a few and yes dyer got a flick when he was going to score. enjoyed yesterday massively with many stripes behind the goal. car park wasn't very big so thanks to keith leakey for letting me park in front of him. yeovil boring but efficient. we tried our best and on another day would have got a point. never mind it wasn't to be. we move on to slough tuesday. drink up ye cider.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:04 am

That for me is the understandable gap between us and the full time sides, we just don’t quite have the quality to breach their defences (Yeovil x2 and Torquay away).

We’re more than a match for most sides at this level and are still well set to finish in the playoffs.

Ashley

comrade powell and Paul1978 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:04 am

Yes, for this level Wilson is quite prolific. Of greater concern to his doubters should be Cooke's 2023 - only 6 league goals from open play. And yet I think we look a better team when he plays as he can create chances for others.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Ashley and Midsomer-steve like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:06 am

Cooke made a massive difference yesterday when he came on, we looked a totally different side

Ashley

Midsomer-steve likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:27 pm

Highlight of the day was the bus trip to the ground where a woman was carrying a PC monitor that was probably of the same vintage as our previous league visit to Huish!

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:28 pm

Agree that we are a better team with Cody- the conundrum I suppose is who you leave out to start him. Generally it has been Clark.
I think the views on here reflect what most people took from yesterday- - as usual there are a few over critical posts elsewhere- - and over the two games we just cane up a bit short. The way we played fir the first 30 minutes of the second half woukd have been enough to see off most sides in this league.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:54 pm

As we have seen so many times before. Teams that win the league are efficient and powerful but unspectacular. You can't beat them by playing football.
And you just have to accept that those games have no bearing on how you perform for the rest of the season.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down