Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worthing league match

+4
Micawber
2weirdtown
BenE
comrade powell
8 posters

Go down

Worthing league match Empty Worthing league match

Post by comrade powell Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:20 pm

Well I guess we made it a tighter game than a couple of weeks ago and if Russe’s great early shot had gone under the bar rather than striking it or Wilson reacted quicker to his chance it may have been a different result. But I got the distinct impression that compared with their cup performance, Worthing didn’t get into top gear today - perhaps saving themselves for next Saturday. Some of our players look jaded after their exertions against Taunton and if this squad is as strong as we’re told perhaps it’s time to start utilising it more.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Worthing league match Empty Re: Worthing league match

Post by BenE Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:24 am

I must admit I was surprised we didn't use the bench particularly bringing Cooke on earlier. But I thpught we played very well and on another day would have got something from the game. I thought their goalie got a hand to Russe's effort and he also pulled off a top draw save to prevent Greenslades rasping effort at the end from going in.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:18 am

Agree with above. We got done really by a good side who retained possession well but created few chances. They popped the ball around patiently, waiting for a mistake or gap to appear.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Micawber Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:54 am

I thought we played pretty well. For all Worthing's possession they rarely looked dangerous and we had looked the more likely to score. By the way where did 3 mins of 1st half stoppage time come from ? There were no subs and no trainers on.

Micawber

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:17 pm

played well against 12 men, ref a disgrace, watched highlights. plenty of shots, their keeper had a blinder. penalty for wilson ? one of those days, shame as most teams around us lost, we move on. whose knows what niggles bench got. whole squad will be needed sooner or later.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:18 pm

Once again manager was too late with the substitution, and what does Ben Morgan need to do to get a start. Batten looks a shade from his best, too many mistakes.

Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:14 pm

Didn't think we played too badly overall, but credit to Worthing who did a job on us - on another day a few of our chances would have gone in and we would have been celebrating a win. I was a bit surprised that we waited so long to bring Cody on, and perhaps Frear could have replaced Clark who looked pretty knackered by the end. I am sure we wil play worse than that and win.

LB

Beau Nash and 2weirdtown like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by City 'til we're relegated Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:20 pm

I thought we started off a bit sluggish, letting Worthing keep the ball and dominate. However, as the game progressed we seemed to become more assertive. Shame about the defeat but we could have been more fortunate.

City 'til we're relegated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down