Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

St Albans thread

+4
spiderwig
Beau Nash
Derby Brewer
Luton Roman
8 posters

Go down

St Albans thread Empty St Albans thread

Post by Luton Roman Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:54 pm

Billed as Verulamium v Aquae Sulis in the clash of Roman cities, City face a team in mixed form and their fans puzzled over why last seasons leading scorer Shaun Jeffers continues to occupy the bench rather than start. Manager Noble says it is 'data driven'....

Hopefully City can turn around a winless series of results against the home team as they did v Hampton, and send an expected large number of City fans home happy. Alas, I will be on a plane to Spain at ko and miss a game only 25 minutes walk away, but no doubt the pilot will be broadcasting updates, good luck you Aquae Sulis City boys !!!

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

St Albans thread Empty Re: St Albans thread

Post by Derby Brewer Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:12 pm

Am I right in thinking I can stream this game ? Got 4 hours to work it out!

Derby Brewer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:24 pm

Derby Brewer wrote:Am I right in thinking I can stream this game ? Got 4 hours to work it out!

Very easy - https://bathcityradio.uk - ignore the scam imitations  St Albans thread 1f621  and the rest, stream the best.  St Albans thread 1f60d
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Derby Brewer Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:30 pm

Yes and excellent it is, has served me well. Under the impression you could watch this game live! Somewhere?

Derby Brewer

Back to top Go down

Post by spiderwig Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:28 pm

Derby Brewer wrote:Yes and excellent it is, has served me well. Under the impression you could watch this game live! Somewhere?

https://www.nationalleaguetv.com/

spiderwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Derby Brewer Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:53 pm

Yes worked it out. Not overly user friendly. You pay your £9 and start to think where do I click? There is a schedule of the fixtures available which seemed to me to be every National League game today. At about 3:00 if your game is available to view a red dot starts to flash by it and you have access to click it and watch the game. It is about 2 minutes behind the game in real time so you can't really listen to Bath City radio as a commentary to the game. Well that's how it worked for me!

The sound quality wasn't good and for the first 15 minutes or so the picture quality and camera work wasn't that good but I guess it's the first time round. Worth £9? Yes particularly if we win and it's two nil at half time.

Derby Brewer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:38 pm

Derby Brewer wrote:Yes worked it out. Not overly user friendly. You pay your £9 and start to think where do I click? There is a schedule of the fixtures available which seemed to me to be every National League game today. At about 3:00 if your game is available to view a red dot starts to flash by it and you have access to click it and watch the game. It is about 2 minutes behind the game in real time so you can't really listen to Bath City radio as a commentary to the game. Well that's how it worked for me!

The sound quality wasn't good and for the first 15 minutes or so the picture quality and camera work wasn't that good but I guess it's the first time round. Worth £9? Yes particularly if we win and it's two nil at half time.

Someone has said something similar about the quality, somewhere in this forum, earlier this season.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:07 am

I was fixing my bike and completely forgot about the game and that it was being streamed. But if you can't watch it and listen to the excellent BCIR at the same time livestream loses its attraction.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:36 am

Another impressive performance on the road today but we really should have scored more than the two. As happened at Eastbourne the home team only really woke up in the last quarter but the difference this time was that we couldn’t get the third to kill them off completely. However that was probably the best performance defensively so far.

Luton Roman wrote:Billed as Verulamium v Aquae Sulis in the clash of Roman cities, City face a team in mixed form and their fans puzzled over why last seasons leading scorer Shaun Jeffers continues to occupy the bench rather than start. Manager Noble says it is 'data driven'....

And I’d imagine when Manager Noble is shown the door the reason given will be ‘data driven’! He has clearly been watching Man City too much on tv and told his team that 100 passes per move is what the game is all about these days. Hard to believe that the prolific Jeffers can’t get into such a sterile outfit.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Beau Nash, 2weirdtown, Luton Roman and PHILB1973# like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:06 pm

The highlights demonstrate why the hand ball rule is an enigma. scratch
Can we have that ref every week?
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:48 pm

Agreed Beau. The decision in our favour looks even more generous on replay while I can't work out how Parselle got away with the more obvious looking handball later on. I don't usually complain about officials but this one looked out of her depth at times with some curious decisions. Initially I thought it was the same one we had a few times last season who was excellent. Quite how she ignored the cynical off the ball challenge by James on Clark was a mystery - pleasing to see that he was the defender who scored the OG!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:57 pm

Yesterday's referee was in charge of the Women's FA Cup final at Wembley in May.

As always a good day out in St Albans, a visit to the cathedral followed by lunch, the Mermaid and a fine City victory.

Ashley

Luton Roman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:29 am

I think the penalty is a classic interpretation of the rules. Both arms are away from the body.
But Parselle's also looks a pen, more clear than the Spain pen in the wcf although I thought that was a pen as well.
I don't remember much confusion about handball until they started messing with the interpretation but that was FIFA so may be in response to difficulties elsewhere in the world.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:01 pm

comrade powell wrote:Agreed Beau. The decision in our favour looks even more generous on replay while I can't work out how Parselle got away with the more obvious looking handball later on. I don't usually complain about officials but this one looked out of her depth at times with some curious decisions. Initially I thought it was the same one we had a few times last season who was excellent. Quite how she ignored the cynical off the ball challenge by James on Clark was a mystery - pleasing to see that he was the defender who scored the OG!

She refereed us at Cheshunt last season and was fine that day.

The highlights suggest that the ball hit the defenders shoulder rather than his (other) arm that was away from his body but I guess in real time you could understand the mistake.

The bodycheck on Clark should have been spotted by the linesman if not the referee.

But missing Parselle's handball and the push on him into Wright were awful mistakes.

yuffie

comrade powell and Beau Nash like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down