Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

St.Albans thread

5 posters

Go down

St.Albans thread Empty St.Albans thread

Post by Luton Roman Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:42 pm

Programme (free download)

fanzone.stalbanscityfc.com/product/st-albans-city-v-bath-city-26th-november-2022/

or

https://saintschat.proboards.com/thread/4023/bath-city-26-11-22

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

St.Albans thread Empty Re: St.Albans thread

Post by Luton Roman Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:49 pm

Well, no forwards. End of. City started brightly, looked busy, shots firing in. End of. One shot from Spokes/Hayfield forced keeper to scamper and push away. Pretty much it. Nice build up play but Ebanks nor Wilson could get involved. They got a pen then a free kick at end of half and down to 10 men despite us having most of the play. Educated fans will glean what that means, they have 2, we have zero, and we are not threatening.

Second half was always going to be difficult. Couple of half chances, SCOTT WILSON YOU HAVE TO DO BETTER! Ok, I get we are not going to win, but I wanna see effort, some bookings we chase it and kick some ankles, not lazy passing that is predictable and easily intercepted.

I get the Fletch reaction of course, but now we have to get on with the game. We are lacking our usual penetration up front, it happens, the others need to step up. Midfield? did not happen today. At all. End of. Jerry, you need to fix it.

Anyway, Doddie Weir has died at 52, puts life in perspective, this is only a game, City play again next week.

Luton Roman

Midsomer-steve and pete mac like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:52 am

Well said Gerry. I couldn’t get there because no trains.

It sounded lacklustre and I switched off Bath City Radio at half time.

Hard to criticise the team and all after Alex’s accident but I agree that we must start firing again or the slide down the table will continue.

We haven’t won at home for some time and yesterday meant 3 defeats in a row?

I am hopeful we’ll see a positive reaction on Friday.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:52 am

In which case I need to up my game. I thought we played well first half and assumed I portrayed that. Created way more chances but when you’ve got a referee obsessed with giving penalties you need to not touch anyone in the box. I thought contact for the pen was minimum at best. For the red, if it was considered cover wasn’t there then I’ll say it was right. Definite foul. One I’ll need to see again.

FK going in effectively killed the game, would have taken a monumental effort to recover from 2-0 down with 10 men. Restricted them to few openings which was good but last 20 or so we didn’t look like scoring. Think they changed to a back four and stifled us.

Two defeats in a row? We had won our previous two. It was the first time we failed to score away this season. I assume that comment was referring to our home form, where we’ve lost our last two.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:40 pm

The footage posted by a St Albans fan suggests the penalty decision was correct while the one for Dyer's red card offence more debateable.

Perhaps 3-0 flattered St Albans but we can have few complaints about the result. Certainly one of our poorest away performances so far which showed, as if we didn't know, how good Fletcher and Cooke are and how dependent we are on them for goals.

Great credit to the home club for the applause after seven minutes and for the front cover of their programme.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Midsomer-chris, Midsomer-steve and Luton Roman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:42 pm

Luton Roman wrote:Educated fans will glean what that means

lol!

comrade powell
comrade powell

LB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:31 pm

comrade powell wrote:
Luton Roman wrote:Educated fans will glean what that means

lol!

I think Jerry got away with that comment - I like to think that if we aren't 'football educated' perhaps we can at least claim to be self taught!

LB

Luton Roman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down