Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is relegation getting closer?

+5
LB
BenE
Beau Nash
Steve Whites Missus
Rodney
9 posters

Go down

Is relegation getting closer? Empty Is relegation getting closer?

Post by Rodney Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:47 pm

Down to 19th. Something better change.

Rodney

Back to top Go down

Is relegation getting closer? Empty Re: Is relegation getting closer?

Post by Steve Whites Missus Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:49 pm

If Billericay win their game in hand on us, it could be squeaky bum time.

Steve Whites Missus

threeday week likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:04 am

On current form, last 4 / 6 / 8 games, City are bottom. Sad

There were some good signs at St Albans and so long as Joe Raynes continues to play in midfield chances to score will be created.  
Two worries, the poor form of Tom Smith and the failure to keep a clean sheet.
Ebbsfleet have the worst away record, losing their last four games, goals scored 3 conceded 14...so City couldn't have a better chance for a win.  Is relegation getting closer? 1f443 Idea   
Prediction 2-0. Suspect  Shocked
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

2weirdtown, Luton Roman and Steve Whites Missus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:06 pm

We have had a run of five very difficult games in 6, four of which were away. By all accounts we deserved the 3 points on Saturday so it can't be said we aren't competing. I thought when we got it back to 2-2 it would change our season round and we could easily have ended up top half. As it is I think we can take heart from that performance that there will be points won from here on in. Especially if we can put out our best team for once.
BenE
BenE

2weirdtown and Luton Roman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:40 pm

Billericay have only won 4 out of 27 so far, and need to win 3 to catch us. Pretty confident that the run of games we have in March after Ebbsfleet should see us pick up a few points and move nearer mid table. Mind you, I said that about the January games after we had beaten Chippenham and we know what happened then!

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:44 pm

It certainly seems a lot closer than after the two Chippenham matches.

As Mr Nash points out, Ebbsfleet have had a shocking few weeks away from home - a lot has been made of our recent fixture list but here is a team who look beatable. We certainly created a lot of good chances at their place.

Welling travel to Billericay on Saturday and a week later they face us -  hopefully we can open up a handy gap between us and the Kent club.

However while I agree with Benny that we probably did enough to win at St Albans, the fact that we came away with nothing yet again from an away fixture makes me wonder if we will need to get the necessary wins at Twerton, starting on Saturday!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:47 pm

LB wrote:Billericay have only won 4 out of 27 so far, and need to win 3 to catch us.

True but they have a game in hand and we still have to go there.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:39 pm

comrade powell wrote:here is a team who look beatable.

They have conceded four or more in four of their last six away matches in the league, but three of them were against sides in the current top six - Dulwich, Dorking and Maidstone. The other was the four they shipped at Havant two weeks ago.

We are still playing a full-time side with bags of resources. I expect they'll have three or four players sat in the stand who are fit but can't get in their squad. We can only dream of having such a luxury.

It'll be a tough game but as you also said, we had chances at their place. I expect we will on Saturday too because they are insistent on playing out from the back, we won't see many goal-kicks leave the penalty box. I personally don't want to label them as beatable because if we don't win we will have people making the bizarre claim that these are "teams we should be beating". Play like we did last week and we have a chance. If we play like we did last week and lose again I hope the fans acknowledge it as they largely did at St Albans.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:03 pm

I think that the barracking of players and management at Twerton is very much a thing of the past. Despite the poor results the attendances have been excellent and the mood at matches has been very positive. I'd ignore some of the things you are reading on social media.

Yes, I'm sure it will be a tough game tomorrow but if we aim to stay in this league then we've got to start winning some games. The later that happens the greater the pressure. Win the next three and things will look much rosier.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:33 pm

comrade powell wrote:I'd ignore some of the things you are reading on social media.

Fortunately I do, not in the ‘supporters’ group on Facebook so just see the occasional tweet when we are doing the updates. Same with radio, since we had someone accuse us of sounding too cheery about the opposition I haven’t looked on Matchchat. I’m also working relentlessly on Saturdays so even if I wanted to look I couldn’t.

I just genuinely think people are so set in their ways that if we lose tomorrow they’ll stick the knife in. Same at all clubs sadly and I’m sure many are worse.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:06 pm

Do you know what. After that awful performance today I looked at the teams in the league below and, quite frankly, I think I would enjoy going to all those teams more than our current opponents in the Essex and Kent Senior League.
kermit
kermit

Steve Whites Missus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:33 pm

You should be lambasted for that defeatist comment 🤣

Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:35 pm

Disappointing would be an understatement|

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:09 am

Mr Nash's prediction was a bit off. Bit ofa jinx.
The only form that matters is our own. Unless we stop conceding we will get nothing from games.
BenE
BenE

comrade powell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:16 am

BenE wrote:Mr Nash's prediction was a bit off. Bit ofa jinx.
The only form that matters is our own. Unless we stop conceding we will get nothing from games.

Clearly, every other club's form will not be a guide when playing City; a certain three points for the reasons of concern I highlighted. Sad

I don't think the ever changing tactics help; too many changes just leads to confusion.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down