Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swansea City XI Tue 15 July

+4
2weirdtown
Luton Roman
stillmanjunior
Beau Nash
8 posters

Go down

Swansea City XI Tue 15 July Empty Swansea City XI Tue 15 July

Post by Beau Nash Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:15 pm

Pre-season friendly at Twerton Park. Kick off 7:45pm. Adults £7; Over 65s/Under 18s/Students £4; U16s £1 - Okish, but I would have liked to see Adults £5; Over 65s £2;  Students / U16s / Unemployed FREE or Make a donation.

Can't find any reference to the game on Swansea website so can only assume a Swansea reserve side.

Tuesday game = small crowd so encourage people to come by reducing prices.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Swansea City XI Tue 15 July Empty Re: Swansea City XI Tue 15 July

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:41 pm

It's Swansea's under 21s.

Not sure how much it is to get in but even if it was free I wouldn't see it attracting many.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:34 pm

Ht City 1-0 up, Watkins

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:35 pm

City lose 1-2 to late pen, att 131, usual array of subs in 2nd half.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:54 pm

Sam Butler was again outstanding, shame to be losing him to the USA.

City passing was slick and incisive whilst Swansea were rarely finding each other.

City kept their shape well and deserved the half time lead from Andy Watkins well taken lob over the keeper following an intricate passing move.

The second half Swansea were a different side, more what I expected, passing improved, a lot quicker on the ball and competing to win the ball more often.  

Both their goals came from mistakes. One was after City took a free kick quickly and tried a cross field pass from left to right but just gave it to the Swansea forward who either shot and scored or raced into the penalty area and was adjudged to have been fouled for the penalty.

City must learn to plan their dead ball moves better as too often these opportunities were wasted.

City lost their shape and cohesion with all the substitutes during the second half.

Hopefully City play a more settled side for the whole game against Bristol Rovers and Cheltenham.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:22 am

why is Sam Butler playing if we're about to lose him?
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:02 pm

I think Beau's got it in the wrong order again. To my understanding, Butler's just got back from America, and is looking to continue his career back home.

Anyone with more knowledge than either of us care to fill us in on his movements?

He's an excellent shot stopper though, and seems to have a good footballing brain. However, he's one of the few keepers I've seen who isn't much taller than me. It would be nice if we managed to keep him in the fold.

And as far as our goal - we'll be doing well if we see a better strike than that all season.

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-steve Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:28 pm

To throw in my two-penneth of information gleaned from talking to folk at the Larkhall game and observation in the bar post-Swansea match:-

Sam Butler is about to go to America (within the next three months) - not known for how long. There was a general concensus of opinion that he is useful, despite his height, and could have proved an asset to the Club as a back-up goalie, so it is sad that he won't be available. Adie appeared to be saying goodbye to him last night after thanking him for playing.
I quipped to others that if he ever met up with Noah whilst over there, they could return to us together whenever they were back.

Agree with you Roy about that goal last night. It was a wonderful strike - hardly a lob over the goalie, as described within the match report.
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:30 pm

Lack of height didn't prevent Steve Perrin being a good keeper. Then again I suppose you could say he'd have been a truly great keeper if he'd been taller - and thinner.
 Smile 
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:23 pm

I've given my take on last night's game, as always, on www.mtannersports.com It was a great finish and I'm liking the way we play at the moment and the adaptability of the squad we have. We tried a few different tweaks in formation last night and didn't look out of depth against a very good young Swansea and indeed near full strength Cardiff side.
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:38 pm

I think that the Jacks looked like a very good team for both halves - possibly the best we will see down here this season. Both times they have been down here, they have shown how they have stayed in the Premiership - by developing a great style of football throughout the club and sticking to it. It mast be remembered that our goal came while the ancient Alan Tate was the centre half.

Ours was the best goal but against the run of play. However, we were matching them very well and showed that, when sides come to play football, we can do a creditable job of doing the same. A visit by Tonbridge Angels won't be the same, however.

As usual, the friendly showed some interesting signings and some promising kids who will hopefully get a look in. However, this friendly also showed that we have kept our best players and offloaded some older expensive ones who needed to go.

Who would have thought that we would have seen GPS-tracked players at Twerton Park as well.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:44 am

True a visit by Tonbridge wouldnt be the same but probably more surprising as they have been relegated...but take your point.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down