Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redevelopment

2 posters

Go down

Redevelopment Empty Redevelopment

Post by LB Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:03 pm

Interesting to read today that the plans for student housing on the old Hartwells garage site, which were rejected by the council on the same day as those for Twerton Park, have been allowed on appeal, as were those for Locksbrook Road. There is also an appeal pending against the council's refusal of them being built on the Dick Lovett garage site on the Lower Bristol Road.

The Planning Inspector who allowed the Hartwells appeal said in his report that there is still a need for more student housing in Bath - I hope he is right!

LB

Back to top Go down

Redevelopment Empty Re: Redevelopment

Post by tovid Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:40 pm

Have we appealed though?
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:29 pm

tovid wrote:Have we appealed though?

We didn’t appeal and I am not suggesting that we should have done. I am sure I recall Nick Blofeld saying that we took advice on this and it was decided that it would be better to come up with a revised plan which as I understand it is what we are doing. My concern is more that with all these sites getting approved there might be less requirement for more of them as time goes on.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:09 pm

Yes that is the risk. I always thought the scheme was way too dense. The developer shot themselves in the foot.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:34 am

With there being no more news on this - at the Society AGM Nick said that discussions with interested parties were ongoing - I thought it a little ironic that this appeared on the club's Twitter yesterday.

HAVE YOUR SAY

Improvements are planned for Twerton High Street, with residents invited to share their thoughts at an event held at Twerton Park.

Concept designs for the proposed upgrades will be shown at the event.

Full details can be found below 👇  

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FbGUlyoWYAA0Yd2?format=jpg&name=900x900

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down