Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live streaming to continue?

+9
Manchester Romans
daven
Dave
kermit
2weirdtown
Peter Newman
stillmanjunior
Colin Voutt
comrade powell
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Live streaming to continue? - Page 2 Empty Re: Live streaming to continue?

Post by Peter Newman Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:58 pm

For streaming to continue there are various implications.

Primarily we rely on someone (Dave) to undertake the task.

Secondly (and perhaps of greater emphasis) is the financial aspect. Let's face it on a miserable wet/cold Saturday or Tuesday it would be very tempting to pay say £6.99 rather than £13 to stand on the terraces at TP. In addition our usual attendance includes more than one member of a family so one streaming payment has to compensate for more than one in lost attendance.

Plus there is the impact of other potential income such as bar receipts etc.

It may well be, however, that sufficient away supporters would pay for the stream to offset reduced gate payments but I doubt this would be the case.

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:53 am

All good points, Peter.

Re Dave, yes the interests of someone who has volunteered to provide us with coverage since July with all the accompanying hassle he has described must be a priority. I’m ignorant about these things but even if the streaming is discontinued would the filming of matches as in previous seasons take place? I thought that this was a requirement of the NL.

Re a wet Tuesday night, these are usually frequented only by us diehards of which a large proportion are probably season ticket holders. I’d argue that the money from our casuals plus away fans subscribing to a stream would be a real cash bonus for the Club. And anyway, if your point is correct then perhaps the Club should be investigating the impact of BCIR coverage. I’ve always countered that the radio service is a huge positive for the Club.

Can’t argue with the income from other avenues although again I’m not sure they bring in much on that wet Tuesday evening... 👍
comrade powell
comrade powell

pete mac likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:58 am

Dave's filming is a valuable tool for the team management so I hope the club look after him?

An example of the popularity of live streaming was demonstrated by the 800+ for the Hampton game, it was FREE.

A report from Hungerford said:
"The stream did cost £7.50 but after receiving funding from the National League and listening to comments from our supporters we’ve decided to lower that price to £5.50, 0.50p of which is a PayPal transaction. Season ticket holders access the service free of charge."
“The streams have been popular thus far, with season ticket holders gaining free access it’s mostly away fans that buy tickets. For matches we’ve streamed this season we’ve managed around 100 viewers."

I am assuming that is 100 per game, most of whom would have been season ticket holders on a freebie?

Would City like to publish their stats on this?
My gut feeling is that the income from streaming is minimal and thought ought to be given to using it as a public awareness / marketing tool, ie ensuring the news media publicise it and offering it on a more economical basis. Local businesses could advertise on it to help with cost of provision...
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:18 pm

I agree with Martin. We need to look to the future. A lot of people are interested in city but rarely come to games.

Others are like me stuck 150 miles away but get to maybe half the home games. I’d pay £10/£13 to watch the stream. Guess people like Jesse would do to.

Beau is absolutely right - it is a great marketing tool.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2