Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fundraising idea

4 posters

Go down

Fundraising idea Empty Fundraising idea

Post by LB Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:39 pm

Peter's comment on the thread about yesterdays stream and whether the cost of future ones should be increased to help replace the piece of equipment that failed got me thinking about other ways that we might be able to raise some funds at this time.

Although obviously a lot of our fan base lives near the ground, there are quite a few of us who travel in each time for home games. This is a cost that we aren't having to pay out at the moment so what if we all put aside the money that we would spend on this and donate it to the club? It doesn't sound like very much, but I used to get the train in from Trowbridge which with parking and ticket would cost me about £8.50 a time, which over the course of 20+ home games isn't far short of £200. It is just a thought, and I appreciate that not everyone might be in a position to do so.

LB

Back to top Go down

Fundraising idea Empty Re: Fundraising idea

Post by pete mac Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:30 pm

Great idea. I am spending on merchandise, on line programme and streaming but maybe ‘ a keep the City playing’ fund?

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:29 pm

All ideas welcome I'm sure. I've bought a season ticket for the first time, there's the on line 50 50 draw, hopefully new merchandise on the way along with the new shirts, the Pledge fund option, streaming, and just simple donations. The crowdfunding showed that there is a wide fan/ support base who are willing to take advantages of donating opportunities big and small.

Perhaps the club can provide an update of the income gap once they know how much government grant they are going to get.

Luton Roman

pete mac likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:44 pm

As Luton says, it's great when suggestions on how to raise funds for the Club are offered. However I'm not convinced that numerous activities gets the best results as it tends to be the same body of the supporter base who are willing to get involved and they only have so much money to spare.

There is one activity which has been run by the SC which doesn't cost a penny to back and is so simple to do. I'm talking about the Easyfundraising initiative which has so far raised £1250 for the Club. If you're not familiar with it, having registered you simply do your online shopping through its website - around 4000 retailers have been signed up and make donations to your chosen cause, in our case BCSC which is then forwarded to the Club.

The above sum has been raised by around 60 supporters with two raising an incredible £300 between them.

It's very easy to register and the only thing you need to get used to when you shop online is to use the retailer's website through the Easyfundraising site rather than going straight there. At first I tended to forget and it was frustrating when I remembered after making the purchase.

Please do consider signing up by using this link...

https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/bathcsc/

And do post any questions you have about this scheme.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Luton Roman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down