Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The game that wasn't?

+9
tovid
comrade powell
Ashley
Maurice Ashman
2weirdtown
Twerton Park Magic
Dodgycarpet
Midsomer-chris
Bluebird
13 posters

Go down

The game that wasn't? Empty The game that wasn't?

Post by Bluebird Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:03 am

Morning all - haven't posted on here for a long time but I'm a regular reader. Did you not play Wealdstone on Saturday? Not being funny but if we'd been turned over 7-0 our forum, such as it is, would be in meltdown. Not even a report on the game? Not having a gloat, we've got nothing to gloat about, but I was shocked by that scoreline, given Bath are the best side I've seen at HP this season. Just a bad day at the office?

Bluebird

Back to top Go down

The game that wasn't? Empty Re: The game that wasn't?

Post by Midsomer-chris Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:35 am

I think everyone is just in shock affraid Sad Embarassed Sad

We are doing our best to put that out of our minds. It was just ONE match. Now it is onwards and upwards to the next match.
Midsomer-chris
Midsomer-chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodgycarpet Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:37 am

Nowadays most of that discussion is on FB and Twitter - forums a bit old hat nowadays for highly current conversation topics. I would say 'c'mon Bluebird get with the times' except I'm the same!

Dodgycarpet

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:52 am

Haha! Know what you mean. In reality I would think we only have a dozen or so regular contributors on our Forum, but considerably more read it. Anyway, here's hoping we both have successful seasons. More than happy if we stay up and you go up - always like a bit of National League to watch just down the road.

Bluebird

Back to top Go down

The game that wasn't? Empty That match

Post by Twerton Park Magic Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:54 am

A long time since I posted, but Dodgy Carpet has raised an issue I've been thinking about most of this season. I don't do Facebook or Twitter, but I find the Twitter feed on the Bath City web-site very useful. Is there not some way of linking across to this forum so that we can see what folk are posting on these other social media? Or are there insuperable problems about moderation etc?

And please don't give up Kelston Koppite! Always enjoy yr match reports.

For those of us who don't live in Bath and don't do social media, the forum is still important.

Twerton Park Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:45 pm

Amen to that from West Dorset
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Maurice Ashman Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:52 pm

I agree - keep us luddites in the picture!!
BTW I was at the match and after the appalling bit of referring which gifted the Stones the first goal the rest of the game beggared belief!

Maurice Ashman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:08 pm

Personally I enjoyed it when we were all pretending that it didn't happen!

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:35 pm

Agreed - the result was fake news, Bluebird! I used to be a regular contributor to your old forum but then it went very quiet. As you say, the present one is very lively and often has interesting posts including those of the Voice, but he does go on!

As the goals went in on Saturday conversation turned to hammerings we've suffered in the past. I can't remember losing so heavily when we've been so well placed in the league and on such a good run. Since mid 80s...

Grimsby 0-6 24th at time (previous games DDWLDWD)
Worcester 0-7 15th (DWDW)
Tamworth 1-6 16th (LLL)
Stafford 2-6 8th (WWDWDDLD)
Kidderminster 0-6 22nd (LLLDL)
Sutton 2-7 ? but finished 10th (WDDDWW)

Until the Trophy disaster at East Thurrock I had always rated a 4-2 defeat at Sittingbourne as my lowest point as a City supporter. Saturday's match is up there with those two.

Fair play to Jerry, he was happy to be interviewed after the game by Junior and was very honest. Let's hope it was a blip and we can start another long winning run.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:25 pm

I note that it was the first game Jo Raynes has missed this season. Any coincidence?
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by turnstyle13 Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:50 pm

Comrade one from a little further back. 3/12/77 Cheltenham 7-1 BCFC In the FAT
The good book confirms even the 1 was an o.g. and of course that team won the league.

turnstyle13

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:38 pm

Bluebird wrote:Haha!  Know what you mean.  In reality I would think we only have a dozen or so regular contributors on our Forum, but considerably more read it.  Anyway, here's hoping we both have successful seasons.  More than happy if we stay up and you go up - always like a bit of National League to watch just down the road.

Bluebird, I think we would all be delighted if you stayed up. We need you in this league, so I hope your draw v H&W is a good omen of things to come. I went to Wealdstone thinking 'They are still catchable', but left hoping we could hold on to a play-off spot: it was that bad. Good luck for the rest of the season!!

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:03 am

Bluebird, do George and Simon Main still follow your team and take part on your forum?
We used to have good banter with them on here, and meet up pre-match in the Old Road Tavern. Sadly they were not in the pub on New Years Day.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:06 am

"Keep off the grass Mainer" has been on BCIR chat; I may be wrong but I think he said he now lives in Weymouth.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:22 am

Mainer and George do still follow, but from afar. Mainer moved to Portland a few years ago and George moved up north to be closer to his daughter around 7 or 8 years ago. Lives in a small village called Everton, in North Notts but close to South Yorks border. They're both well. I'm in pretty much daily contact with them so I'll ask them if their ears have been burning. :-)

Bluebird

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:15 pm

Tell George that Lord Bear still moans about never getting the pint he won off him. And please give my regards to Mainer (Senor, as in Spanish Main)
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:38 pm

comrade powell wrote:Tell George that Lord Bear still moans about never getting the pint he won off him. And please give my regards to Mainer (Senor, as in Spanish Main)

Señor, por favor!

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down