Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leamington or Kingstonian at home if...

+2
yuffie
comrade powell
6 posters

Go down

Leamington or Kingstonian at home if... Empty Leamington or Kingstonian at home if...

Post by comrade powell Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:51 pm

We're finally getting some luck in the Trophy draws this season. Third at home out of four and yet to be paired with a National club.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Leamington or Kingstonian at home if... Empty Re: Leamington or Kingstonian at home if...

Post by yuffie Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:04 pm

And no replay's from this round onwards so even better to have a chance of another home draw.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Leamington or Kingstonian at home if... Empty Re: Leamington or Kingstonian at home if...

Post by kermit Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:07 pm

Just one slight hurdle........
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:01 am

kermit wrote:Just one slight hurdle........

I am sure I can hear the sound of chickens being counted...

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:24 am

And I expect that like me most predict that should we win tonight we'll be facing Leamington next as they have home advantage against lower level opponents. However, I'd forgotten that it was Kingstonian who fought through to the 2nd round of the Cup on the back of some impressive away wins...

WSM 4-1
Dartford 3-2
Macclesfield 4-0

Perhaps they were fortunate to meet clubs at a low ebb at the time but they're not to be written off tonight.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:00 pm

LB wrote:

nope - hence why I said 'a chance of a home draw'

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Micawber Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:46 pm

We may be none the wiser tonight. Dreadful weather on the way. Could lead to one of our rare postponements.

Micawber

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:06 pm

yuffie wrote:
LB wrote:

nope - hence why I said 'a chance of a home draw'

I didn't necessarily mean on here Simon, but there seemed to be a vibe on social media that we were as good as through to the next round overlooking that Concord are likely to give us a hard game again.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:22 pm

So it will be Leamington if we win through. The Brakes won 1-0 tonight.
Result of the night was Dorking’s 4-0 win at Stockport. Perhaps the National club put out a weakened team but it’s still pretty impressive.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:39 am

My pal Daz is a Stockport fan and he'd been telling me that they just had to send back four major loan players, so weren't going into the game with full confidence. He also told me after the match that Dorking gave them an absolute football lesson, full of passion, teamwork and fine passing moves. A bit of a worry for 1 Feb then!

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:05 am

I thought their first half performance was the best seen by a visiting team to Twerton this season.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down