Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wealdstone

4 posters

Go down

Wealdstone Empty Wealdstone

Post by Guest Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:52 am

After reading the comments on Wealdstones forum it looks like Brunt will be getting some abuse on Saturday

Back to top Go down

Wealdstone Empty Re: Wealdstone

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:15 pm

I mentioned this on another forum. At the time I can’t remember them being so angry about it. I wouldn’t complain if they were, it was a shocking challenge. Brunt knew it and can’t turn back the clock. I don’t want to dismiss this as ‘that’s football’ because it’s disrespectful. A player made a dreadful error in judgement, apologised and the goalkeeper accepted it.

Hope it doesn’t create some sort of rivalry between the clubs as I’ve always looked forward to games with Wealdstone. We’ve seen before that booing players seldom affects them, Wealdstone’s vocal fans will be better off encouraging their own players.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:40 pm

Yes agree, Wealdstone are one of the few teams that bring a decent away support without needing segregation

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:59 pm

I’m hoping it doesn’t go further than the usual booing or jeering etc. The problem nowadays is abuse spreads online. If they don’t like him as a footballer than fine, we have plenty of players we aren’t keen on either. Just don’t want to hear that it’s got out of hand.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:29 pm

I think if the circumstances were reversed then we would probably be handing out stick to the offending player. Agree with Mark though that hopefully it doesn't get out of hand.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:34 pm

I thought it was a thoroughly entertaining game. Hard fought but with no little skill on display. Wealdstone are obviously a capable side but I can't remember them having a shot in the second half.
I think the ref was blowing out of his backside by the end as he used any excuse to have a breather. At one point shouting at no one in particular before we could take a free kick. He should have gone back for the bad tackle on Stearn having played on too.
I should think the large crowd have gone home happy.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:47 pm

I think it’s only the second or third time Wealdstone have failed to score this season so that’s an achievement. We’ve had a few draws with them recently.

Be interesting to see if a few that haven’t had starts recently, like Stearn, are given one next week, or if we won’t take any chances.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:24 am

South London Road City wrote:Yes agree, Wealdstone are one of the few teams that bring a decent away support without needing segregation

I assume by decent you are talking of numbers.

I can understand 5their treatment of Ryan.

However, I was disappointed , after one of their players brought down a city player on the edge of our box, their "singing group" could only repeatedly chant "w----r!" when treatment was administered.

I can only imagine some of their supporters must have cringed.

Hopefully the mini response to one of their players receiving attention may encourage there is no repetition of such a poor example.

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:31 pm

Yes I wasn't making a comment on the Wealdstone fans individual decency!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down