Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Havant & W 2 v. City 1 (Mann 14m) full time

+3
Notters
Manchester Romans
Luton Roman
7 posters

Go down

Havant & W 2 v. City 1 (Mann 14m) full time Empty Havant & W 2 v. City 1 (Mann 14m) full time

Post by Luton Roman Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:33 pm

No Bowry, Pearson nor Hartridge in squad. Ball and Richards start. Straker in Havant line up.

Last edited by Luton Roman on Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:55 pm; edited 6 times in total

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Havant & W 2 v. City 1 (Mann 14m) full time Empty Re: Havant & W 2 v. City 1 (Mann 14m) full time

Post by Manchester Romans Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:10 pm

Pearson and Bowry on international duty presumably

Manchester Romans

Back to top Go down

Havant & W 2 v. City 1 (Mann 14m) full time Empty Re: Havant & W 2 v. City 1 (Mann 14m) full time

Post by Notters Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:06 am

I'm gutted for team, because we played quite well and deserved a point. Given that we missed a couple of key players and had an untested starting lineup, I'm pleased that we still looked like a strong side.

Notters

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:04 am

I'm surprised Jerry didn't freshen it up a bit by bringing on subs. From the commentary it sounded like we didn't really do enough second half. Maybe some on the bench weren't actually fit.
I am not a fan of bringing players on for eight minutes. It gives them no time to get into the game.
But the commentary was very entertaining. It sounded like Mark was spitting feathers.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:32 am

My commentary was rubbish, I’m annoyed at myself for letting their loudness get to me. Could barely concentrate, hence stupidly saying Mann was back on the scoring trail (after a whole 90 minute drought) and so on. I don’t mind being sat next to other people commentating but that was too much, when the penalty was saved they reacted like they’d just found a winning lottery ticket on the floor. Was my worst nightmare unfolding next to me, I already have low tolerance levels so that sent me into a foul mood. Before and after the game they couldn’t have been nicer, during it was different. Personally don’t appreciate an official club station very clearly labelling one of our players as a cheat.

As for the game, I thought we were excellent first half but in the second you just knew something would go against us. I think our fans are incredibly biased and often appeal for things which just aren’t there, but Havant’s take it to another level. Didn’t think we hit the heights of the first half in the second but you have to take so many things into consideration - two key defenders and arguably our most exciting attacker missing, a pitch (will they ever resolve it?) that made good football almost impossible and I thought Havant stepped up a gear. If we’d won it would have really made a statement. By narrowly losing in those circumstances I don’t think we should be ashamed.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodgycarpet Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:39 am

Couldn't we have postponed it due to international duties? I'm surprised nowadays how many non league games are off for that reason on international weekends!

Dodgycarpet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodgycarpet Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:42 am

Sorry the reason I meant to post in the first place, was not back from holiday in time to get down there, but the commentary was excellent though

Dodgycarpet

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:46 am

We needed three players missing to postpone for international duties. Hemel did.

I’ve always found that a bit odd. We couldn’t cancel if we had three players injured. If we did we’d be up to about our fifth game this season. Great that we’ve had two called up, but if we had a third, moving the game to a bleak Tuesday night in December, it’s not that beneficial.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodgycarpet Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:08 am

It would have meant I could make it! Always visit my sister down there for an away game which is why I actually hoped Gosport was away! Gosh, horror, gasp! #selfish!

Dodgycarpet

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:01 am

As Marks says Havant fans are certainly amongst the more one-eyed in the league so it was interesting to hear the group behind where I was sat for most of the game eventually praising (though quite begrudgingly) Tom Smith and Frankie Artus as they ran the game in the first half.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down