Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Crowd

4 posters

Go down

The Crowd  Empty The Crowd

Post by bonzo dog Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:23 pm

What a cracking atmosphere today. I stood in the enclosure for the final 15, and the noise coming from the stand was incredible, it filtered to us in the enclosure and finally over to the poplar side. Haven't heard anything like that since the Anglo- Italian games of the 70s. Brilliant, brilliant day.
bonzo dog
bonzo dog

Back to top Go down

The Crowd  Empty Re: The Crowd

Post by the demon headmaster Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:40 pm

So it was you who started the singing over there.

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coltrane Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:35 am

That's got to be the most satisfying game I've seen in many a year. Thanks to everyone at Bath City FC for such a splendid day. Very Happy

coltrane

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:55 pm

The singing in the stand seemed to be started by a few I didn't recognise and they created a fantastic atmosphere in those closing minutes. I know that Jerry has appealed in the past for more vocal support from all sides of the ground and he certainly got it yesterday! I'm sure many of the relatively new and occasional supporters will have been mightily impressed yesterday and will become regulars.

It's interesting that some on the Torquay forum are suggesting that many of their players froze in front of the big crowd whereas our more experienced ones weren't fazed.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:05 pm

They must have really got excited to start singing for a team they may only have a casual relationship with. The sound was shocking coming from a quarter of the ground that is usually so tame.

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down